Below are examples of 13 songs whose titles do not appear in the lyrics. When I originally came up with the idea for this T13, I was going to give the song titles, the artists, and sample lyrics. During lunch today I decided to make a game of it and therefore omitted the song titles. Without using the Internet to find the answers, how many of these songs can you identify? Unlike other trivia quizzes that I post, you can go ahead and put your answers in the comments section for this one. On Friday I will update this post to include the song titles for each song.
Here is the updated post with the titles in parentheses. Thanks to all who took part in this little trivia game.
1. The Band: Take a load off Fannie, take a load for free. (The Weight)
2. The Beatles: Christ you know it ain't easy. You know how hard it can be. (The Ballad of John and Yoko)
3. Chuck Berry: Up in the mornin' and out to school. The teacher is teachin' the golden rule. (School Day)
4. Mary J. Blige: Come on baby just party with me. Let loose and set your body free. Leave your situations at the door. So when you step inside jump on the floor. (Family Affair)
5. Bob Dylan: You've gotta lotta nerve to say you are my friend. When I was down you just stood there grinnin'. (Positively 4th Street)
6. 4 Non Blondes: And I say, hey hey hey hey. Hey hey hey. I said hey, what's going on? (What's Up?)
7. Green Day: Do you have the time. To listen to me whine. (Basket Case)
8. The Mamas and Papas: Broke, busted, disgusted. Agents can't be trusted. (Creeque Alley)
9. The Monkees: And the sun with a kiss, begins to dismiss. The memory of my life without you. (Good Clean Fun)
10. Nelly feat. Kelly Rowland: No matter what I do, all I think about is you. Even when I'm with my boo, ya know I'm crazy over you. (Dilemma)
11. The Notorious B.I.G.: They heard about the Rolex's and the Lexus wit the Texas license plate outta state. They heard about the pounds you got down in Georgetown, now they heard you got half of Virginia locked down. (Warning)
12. Wilson Pickett: Na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na na-na-na-na. (Land of 1000 Dances)
13. Little Stevie Wonder: Just a little bit of sou-ou-ou-ou-oul. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. Clap your hands just a little bit louder. Clap your hands just a little bit louder. (Fingertips-Pt. 2)
Leave your link in comments so that others can visit you.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants