Saturday, August 28, 2010

The Retro Mix Playlist For 8/27/10


Spotlight artist: The Monkees

6 pm hour

(Theme from) The Monkees- The Monkees
I See the Light- The Five Americans
Last Train to Clarksville- The Monkees
Plain Jane- Bobby Darin
People Say- The Dixie Cups
(I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone- The Monkees
Pow!- The Lovin' Spoonful
Saturday's Child- The Monkees
I Love You- People!
I’m Walkin’- Fats Domino

With or Without You segment:
Papa Gene's Blues- The Monkees
Joanne- Michael Nesmith

Da Doo Ron Ron- The Crystals
Sweet Young Thing- The Monkees
Papa’s Got A Brand New Bag- James Brown
She- The Monkees
Time Is Tight- Booker T. & the Mgs
Through the Looking Glass- The Monkees
Sidewalk Surfin’- Jan & Dean
Look Out (Here Comes Tomorrow)- The Monkees
I’m Into Something Good- Earl Jean

7 pm hour

I’m A Believer- The Monkees
Can I Get To Know You Better- The Turtles
I Can’t Get Her Off My Mind- The Monkees
You Never Can Tell- Chuck Berry
Tapioca Tundra- The Monkees
A Little Bit of Soap- The Jarmels
A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You- The Monkees
Do It Again, A Little Bit Slower- Jon & Robin and the In Crowd
A Big Hunk O’ Love- Elvis Presley
All of Your Toys- The Monkees
The Rain, the Park, and Other Things- The Cowsills

On the Flip Side segment:
The Girl I Knew Somewhere (The B-side to A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You)- The Monkees

To Sir, With Love- Lulu
No Time- The Monkees
Slippin’ and Slidin’- Little Richard
Randy Scouse Git- The Monkees
Lover Please- Clyde McPhatter
Shades of Gray- The Monkees
Galveston- Glen Campbell
You Just May Be the One- The Monkees
Try the Worrying Way- The Fabulettes

8 pm hour

Pleasant Valley Sunday- The Monkees
Up Down Sue- The Luv’d Ones
Words- The Monkees
You Told Me- The Monkees
Gypsy Woman- The Impression
Mommy & Daddy- The Monkees
Love Is Only Sleeping- The Monkees
Pineapple Princess- Annette Funicello

All Monkees the rest of the way...

Daydream Believer
Door Into Summer
Teardrop City
Zor and Zam
What Am I Doing Hangin’ ‘Round
She Hangs Out
Good Clean Fun
As We Go Along
Circle Sky
Steam Engine
Star Collector
For Pete’s Sake

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: No Time by The Monkees

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Clyde McPhatter has a beautiful voice.

Do you ever play any Jackie Wilson? He's my favourite singer of all time. Well one of them.

Anonymous said...

Boy, I wish I could have caught your show this week! ;)

Sue said...

The Monkees, boy do they bring back the memories of my youth. Loved loved them!!

Malcolm said...

LL: Yes, I do play Jackie sometimes when I do an oldies show. My favorite song by him is probably "Danny Boy".

Book Mama: The next time I spotlight the Monkees, I will try to remember to send you a heads up.

Sue: I have fond memories of watching The Monkees when they were rerun on Saturday mornings during the early 70s and on local TV during the middle of the decade. When MTV brought the show back in the mid 80s, it was nostalgic heaven!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->