Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Final Results of the Fave Christmas TV Special Poll

Receiving almost half of the vote, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" trounced the competition in the recent poll asking you to choose your favorite Christmas TV special. Although it trailed "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" early on, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" took the lead on the 2nd or 3rd day of voting and never let up after that.

Originally airing in 1965, "A Charlie Brown Christmas" was the first ever "Peanuts" TV special. If you click on the link in the previous sentence, it takes you to the Wikipedia page with all sorts of information on the special. As the page mentions, the special touched on such themes as the over-commercialization of Christmas and the true meaning of the holiday. I think these are some of the reasons that the special still holds up after over 40 years.

I was a bit surprised that "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" didn't receive more votes. As a kid, it was very inspiring to me. If not for my aversion to digging into the mouths of others, I was this close to becoming a dentist.

Here are the final results:

A Charlie Brown Christmas- 45%
How the Grinch Stole Christmas- 27%
Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer- 18%
Frosty the Snowman and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town- 4% each

Thanks to all of you who participated!

Since we probably have all seen "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and because I contain more twists than a bag of pretzels, I've decided to include an alternate version of the holiday classic (as performed by the cast of a long-running TV series). Some may cry "blashpemy" at this desecration, but I think it's funny as hell.


5 comments:

Holly Smith said...

Oh no! The video says it's unavailable now. Maybe you can fix it somehow! I voted for Rudolph. It's really funny as an adult, and I really did look forward to it as a child.
www.mamapj.com

Holly Smith said...

Nevermind, it worked! I love Scrubs...and this was hilarious!!!
www.mamapj.com

Candy Minx said...

How interesting!

I really thought Grinch would take the leads. I missed Charlie Brown's special last week...I hope they replayi it...now it's got me curious.

I haverecorded Miracle on 34th and have a bunch of Festivus classics recorded for the coming days...

BookMama said...

That was freakin' hilarious! Thanks for posting it!

Malcolm said...

Holly: Cool... I am glad you were able to get the clip to play. Scrubs ranks near the top of my list of all-time favorite sitcoms.

Candy Minx: There is a good chance that they will be playing the Charlie Brown special again. By the time you read this, you may have already seen it. For Festivus, do you take part in the "Feats of Strength" portion after dinner?

Bookmama: I didn't even know that the cast of Scrubs did a take on Peanuts until the other day when I found the clip. I've said it before, but it bears repeating... I love You Tube!!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->