Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Retro Mix Playlist For 11/4/11




Show theme: The 1990s

For this show, my niece Brijetta (aka "Silent J") co-hosted with me. She also picked out several of the songs featured on the show. Since this was her first time on the air, she preferred to let me do most of the talking (hence her nickname).  However, during the few times when "Silent J" did speak on the air, she did a good job. In addition to talking about the music, we also had some laughs on the air (the incident when I forgot to turn on her mike, her talking about missing the bus when she was in high school, etc.) As I mentioned earlier, she helped select some of the songs for the show. Although I shouldn't have been, I was originally surprised by the diversity of her picks. Red Hot Chili Peppers, Keith Sweat, Aerosmith, The Fugees, and Nirvana are just a few of the artists she selected. 

I'm looking forward to the next time I can have Brijetta on the show. Maybe next time we can feature an earlier era like the 60s or 70s. Even though Brijetta wasn't alive during those decades, I'm confident she can come up with some solid selections.!

6 pm hour

Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)- US3
Sad Tomorrow- The Muffs
Give It Away- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Let’s Get Down- Tony, Toni, Tone
Nobody- Keith Sweat
Lullabye- Shawn Mullins
Connection- Elastica
BNH- Brand New Heavies
Now That We Found Love- Heavy D. & the Boyz
Real Love- Mary J. Blige
I Feel You- Depeche Mode
I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing- Aerosmith
Regulate- Warren G. & Nate Dogg

7 pm hour

Motownphilly- Boyz II Men
Paying the Price of Love- The Bee Gees
Right Here, Right Now- Jesus Jones
Ready or Not- The Fugees
Ride- Pretty & Twisted
Come Out and Play (Keep ‘Em Separated)- The Offspring
Round and Round- Tevin Campbell
Selling the Drama- Live
All I Wanna Do- Sheryl Crow
Flex- Mad Cobra
What’s My Name?- Snoop Doggy Dogg
I Missed the Bus- Kris Kross
6’1”- Liz Phair
Ironic- Alanis Morissette
Quiet Storm King- Fig Dish

8 pm hour

Jump Around- House of Pain
Flava in Ya Ear- Craig Mack
Charmless Man- Blur
Say You’ll Be There- The Spice Girls
Blue- The Jayhawks
Heart Shaped Box- Nirvana
Groove Thang- Zhane
Fly Like an Eagle- Seal
City Song- Luscious Jackson
Ants Marching- Dave Matthews Band
Creep- TLC
Come Original- 311
Remember the Time- Michael Jackson

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Connection by Elastica

No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->