Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Retro Mix Playlist For 5/23/08

7 pm hour

Addicted To Love- Robert Palmer
Boxerbeat- JoBoxers
Boogie Oogie Oogie- A Taste of Honey
Hot Love- T. Rex
Small Town- John Cougar Mellencamp
Stop Your Sobbing- The Pretenders
I Got My Mind Made Up- Instant Funk
Tired of Being Alone- Al Green

Now & Then segment's feat. artist: Ringo Starr
If It's Love That You Want (from his 2008 CD "Liverpool 8")
Oh My My (rec. in 1974)

Sanctified Lady- Marvin Gaye
Head To Toe- Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
A Night To Remember- Shalamar

8 pm hour

Paranoid- Black Sabbath
Baby Blue- Badfinger
You & I- Rick James
Unconditional Love- Donna Summer
West End Girls- Pet Shop Boys
The Sound of the Crowd- The Human League
Knock On Wood- Amii Stewart
Knocks Me Off My Feet- Stevie Wonder

With or Without You segment's feat. artist: Donald Fagen
Josie- Steely Dan
I.G.Y. (What A Beautiful World)- solo

The Glamorous Life- Sheila E.
Boogie Child- The Bee Gees
I Gotcha- Joe Tex
Young Turks- Rod Stewart

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Boxerbeat by JoBoxers- Some of you may know this predominately British group (feat. American lead singer Dig Wayne) through their only U.S. hit, 1983's "Just Got Lucky" (which has been feat. in such movies as "The 40 Year Old Virgin" starring Steve Carell and "Just My Luck" starring Lindsay Lohan). Sadly, JoBoxers didn't stay together long; breaking up before the release of their second album. The clip below is the video for their 1st U.K. hit and is the lead track on the compilation CD "Essential Boxerbeat".

5 comments:

Holly Smith said...

My favorites are: Addicted to Love, Head to Toe, and West End Girls. What a nice mix!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

How do you like Ringo's latest. I think it's a pretty solid effort from him?

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Malcolm - Addicted to Love!

BTW, thanks again for stopping by my Pop Culture Blog and adding some great info! I checked out American Life and sent them a link to my posts kvetching about wanting some good classic tv reruns.

PopArtDiva

Bridget Jones said...

niiiiiiiiiiiice line up there!!!

Malcolm said...

Holly: Thank you! It had been awhile since I had played anything by Pet Shop Boys so it was due time.

Mistress of the D: The only songs I've heard from Ringo's new CD is "If It's Love That You Want" and the song that you posted on your blog earlier this year. I'm not sure which one it was... it might have been "If It's Love That You Want".

Pop Art Diva: I hope that the powers that be at American Life appreciate reading the posts you did about the sorry state of classic reruns.

Bridget: Thanks!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->