Saturday, September 13, 2008

The Retro Mix Playlist For 9/12/08

7 pm hour

I've Got To Use My Imagination- Gladys Knight & the Pips
Heaven Sent- INXS
Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft- The Carpenters
My Prerogative- Bobby Brown
Magnetic- Earth, Wind and Fire
Human Behaviour- Bjork

Double Retro segment's feat. artist: The Monkees
You Just May Be the One (1967)
Heart and Soul (1987)

The Love You Save- The Jackson Five
Freedom- Wham!
Zombie- The Cranberries
All This Time- Sting
Horny Toad- Prince

8 pm hour

Sir Duke- Stevie Wonder
Mindblowing Decisions- Heatwave
Lovergirl- Teena Marie
Near Wild Heaven- R.E.M.
Hip Hop Hooray- Naughty By Nature
Keeper of the Castle- The Four Tops
Christine Sixteen- Kiss
Glory Days- Bruce Springsteen
London Calling- The Clash
Big Me- The Foo Fighters
Don't You Want Me- Jody Watley
I Can Understand It- Bobby Womack
Real Love- The Doobie Brothers
Won't Get Fooled Again- The Who

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Heart and Soul by The Monkees

6 comments:

mister anchovy said...

That playlist is a lot of fun.

pjazzypar said...

Hey Malcolm, I missed the show but the play list is sweet. I use to love Hip Hop Hooray and Don't You Want Me. Heatwave was a great group.

Candy Minx said...

It really is a lot of fun. Malcolm, do you offer these palylists, lie could I order a cd or three from you?

:)

I also really liked Heatwave.

Malcolm said...

Mister Anchovy: Glad you enjoyed it.

Pjazzy: I hadn't played Jody Watley in quite some time. One of the things I love about expanding the show to include 90s music is that I get to play songs like Hip Hop Hooray.

Candy: I never considered doing a CD mix, but I'm perfectly willing to discuss it with you.

Anonymous said...

Naturally, Freedom is my fave on your list...I just bought a couple of GM cds for less than a dollar on ebay to replace my tapes...oh how I love my boy...

I remember asking for the "Heart and Soul" single by the Monkees for Christmas that year. But there was also another song called Heart and Sould by a female artist that came out around then and I got that one instead. Poor me, right? *Knowing you, you know which song I'm talking about.

Malcolm said...

Wow, you made out like a bandit with the GM CDs on eBay.

That had to have sucked when you were a kid to get the wrong "Heart and Soul" song for Christmas. By the way, I'm pretty positive that you are referring to the group T'Pau (whose female lead singer was Carol Decker). Back to The Monkees, I hadn't seen that video for "Heart and Soul" in years.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->