Monday, December 21, 2009

Final Results of the Recent Holiday Shopping Poll


In the recent poll in which I asked readers what their method of shopping was for the holidays, nearly half said that they prefer the luxury of picking out presents online. The margin between online vs. brick and mortar was narrower than I thought it would be. When I asked this question two years ago, the gap was significantly wider (55% said online vs. 36% brick and mortar). I wonder if the increase of identity theft due to information online has caused more people to shop the old fashioned way. Unfortunately, the sad reality is that identity theft also happens at brick and mortar stores too. Below is just one of the horror stories that's been reported recently:

http://www.mycardblog.com/2009/02/best-buy-employees-steal-your-credit-card-information/


Here are the final poll results:

Online: 48%
Brick and Mortar: 44%
Since I don't celebrate the holidays, I don't shop - 7%
I let someone else do it for me- 0%

Thanks to all who participated.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Looks like online is better :O)

Sometimes prices are so much better anyway :)

Richard said...

Glad to see that the lazy option where you can watch TV while you shop triumphed! :)

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->