Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 1/13/07

4pm hour

The Breaks-Kurtis Blow
Head Over Heels- Go-Gos
Nobody's Business- Billy Idol
Looking For Love-Cars
You Belong To Me- Carly Simon
One For the Mockingbird- Cutting Crew
You Dropped the Bomb On Me- Gap Band

Common Thread segment (4 songs about radio):

Happy Radio- Edwin Starr
I Can't Live Without My Radio- LL Cool J
Do You Remember Rock and Roll Radio- Ramones
Life Is A Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me)- Reunion

Touch A Hand, Make A Friend- Staple Singers
He's A Friend- Eddie Kendricks

5pm hour

Panama- Van Halen
Head Above Water- Hall and Oates
Happy- Brick
Bad Girls- Donna Summer
Let Me Tickle Your Fancy- Jermaine Jackson
What's On Your Mind (Pure Energy)- Information Society
Star Love- Cheryl Lynn

Now and Then segment:
Strawberry Fields Forever (from the 2006 CD "Love")- Beatles
The Long and Winding Road- Beatles

Keep On Smiling- Wet Willie
Friends-Whodini
Atomic- Blondie
Funky Nassau- Beginning of the End

6pm hour

The Old Man Down the Road- John Fogerty
Wasted Time- Eagles
Yes I Am-Emotions
She's A Bad Mama Jama- Carl Carlton
Rollin' With Kid and Play- Kid and Play
61 Seconds- Outfield
Thunder and Lightning-Chi Coltrane

The Guilty Pleasure of the Week:
Dance With Me- Orleans

Gangsters of the Groove- Heatwave
Higher Ground- Stevie Wonder
People Who Died- Jim Carroll Band
Running Up That Hill- Kate Bush
Backstrokin'- Fatback Band

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon, you picked Dance With Me over People Who Died as a guilty pleasure? They're both good ones, but I always fall out laughing when PWD comes on. I sing along with DWM. Yeah, that's cheese.

Your playlists rock. Maybe I'll move to Flint so I can listen.

Malcolm said...

Hello Amy,

How can you consider People Who Died a guilty pleasure?! It's funny because right after I played it, a regular listener to the show called to say that PWD is one of his fave songs. I can't help but sing along to DWM... a slice of Velveeta if there ever was one. My favorite line is "I can take you where you want to go". Of course I can't hit those high notes...but that doesn't stop me from trying.

btw,

Thanks for propping my blog on yours and for the comments about the playlist. It's nothing if not eclectic.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->