Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Retro Mix Playlist For 11/12/10

6 pm hour

When Doves Cry- Prince & the Revolution
Cross-Eyed Mary- Jethro Tull
Little Green Bag- The George Baker Selection
Change of Heart- Cyndi Lauper
Drive- R.E.M.
Let Love Rule- Lenny Kravitz
Space Race- Billy Preston

Neil Young 65th birthday tribute:
This Note’s For You
Wonderin’
Heart of Gold
Ohio- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
Rockin’ In the Free World

I Try- Macy Gray
The Joker- The Steve Miller Band
Southern Part of Texas- War

 7 pm hour

Bad Case of Loving You- Robert Palmer
Find Another Fool- Quarterflash
Semi- Charmed Life- Third Eye Blind
Hard Times- Run DMC
Song 2- Blur
Half A Boy and Half A Man- Nick Lowe
Minute By Minute- The Doobie Brothers
Didn’t I (Blow Your Mind This Time)- The Delfonics

Now & Then segment:
Ironside- Quincy Jones feat. Talib Kwela (From Quincy Jones’ 2010 album “Soul Bossa Nostra”)
Stuff Like That- Quincy Jones feat. Ashford & Simpson and Chaka Khan (recorded in 1978)

Nothing But A Good Time- Poison
Wish I Had A Girl- Henry Lee Summer
Living For You- Al Green
Respect Yourself- The Staple Singers
Friends In Low Places- Garth Brooks
High Wire- Men At Work

8 pm hour

I Just Died In Your Arms- Cutting Crew
Cry Wolf- A ha
Bad Girls- Donna Summer
No Regrets- Robbie Williams
Silent Lucidity- Queensryche
What Are You Doin’ In My Life- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
Tramp- Salt n Pepa
Walkin’ Away- Information Society
Born To Be Alive- Patrick Hernandez
Trapped In A Box- No Doubt
Buffalo Soldier- Bob Marley
Island of Lost Souls- Blondie
Rock You Like A Hurricane- The Scorpions

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Song 2 by Blur

9 comments:

Bar L. said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU HANDSOME HUNK! HOPE ITS A GOOD ONE!

Fredd said...

Malcolm:

Facts are facts. You can't debate facts, and I don't make up the facts. You seem to be unable to accept facts about Michael Jackson, in addition to our unpopular president. Michael Jackson was widely considered a degenerate pervert (a fact that he was considered one, not that he was proven to be one), and its a fact that Obama's popularity is tanking big time. Nearly all the national polls support this, I didn't make it up.

Suggesting that I am making up the facts doesn't sit well with me, and it suggests you are in liberal denial. Accordingly I won't publish your comments, as squabbling with liberals over facts is counterproductive.

You can live in your fantasy world of liberalism, and leave reality to the folks who know facts from fiction.

Malcolm said...

Barbara: Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a good day for me!

Fredd: I have no issue with facts. Furthermore, I didn't say that everything you wrote was not fact based. What I said is that some of it could be disputed. I'm well aware that Obama's popularity has dropped and that many consider MJ to be a pedophile. However, to say that Obama and MJ didn't want to associate themselves with blacks, that Obama completely insulated himself from the public, or that Obama has lost complete touch with reality/the American people... those are opinions not facts!

Basically, most of your analogy was fairly weak. The fact that Obama and MJ used security doesn't make them unique. Most celebs of a certain status employ bodyguards. Furthermore, nearly every U.S. president has had protection... I think they are called The Secret Service!

I'm actually surprised that my first comment was posted. You are indicative of most of the conservatives I've encountered in the blogosphere. It's rather ironic that you accuse Obama and MJ of surrounding themselves with yes men because you seem to only want people commenting on your blog who agree with you. When someone like me posts comments that counter your arguments, you don't handle it well. Another trait I've noticed is that many of you on the right view the world in a one-dimensional fashion: conservatism= good, liberalism= evil. Sorry, but the world is much more complex than that.

There are conservatives that I can have a rational conservation with... sadly, you don't seem to be one of them.

Fredd said...

Like I said, Malcolm, squabbling with liberals is counterproductive. Let's call it a day.

Malcolm said...

Fredd: Your response was awesome and oh so predictable. Trust me, I have no intention of engaging you any further. It's not because you're a conservative. It's because you're a conservative who presents weak arguments and then gets offended when you get challenged. Good luck with your one-dimensional, "Us vs. Them" way of looking at the world of politics.

Sue said...

Fredd is definitely a waste of time. He has even gone so far as to tell his conservative friends who visit my blog that they are morons for doing so! How rude!

Malcolm said...

Sue: So you had the displeasure of dealing with Fredd too. That's typical of him... calling his blog buddies morons for reading a liberal blog!

If you haven't already, you should read that post he wrote about Obama and MJ because it is laughable how off base he is.

BeckEye said...

How can Fredd (is the 2nd D really necessary?) blather on when there's a Blur video to watch?

And happy belated birthday! I must have wished you one on Facebook. At least I hope I did!

Malcolm said...

Beck Eye: I don't know why Fredd chose this forum to spout his right-wing propaganda. One of my early New Year's resolutions is to stay away from clownish blogs such as his.

I don't know if I told you, but on the way to work a couple of months ago, I was listening to a copy of my friend's "Best of Blur". Until then, I didn't realize the "Woo Hoo song" I had been hearing in commercials was actually "Song 2"!

By the way, thanks for the belated birthday wishes!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->