Below are the answers to this week's quiz. With a score of 76 out of 80 points, Rich is this week's winner... congratulations!
As you probably noticed, all of the one-hit wonders in this week's quiz are performers best known for their work outside the music business. I did this for a few reasons. I felt that identifying many of the typical one-wonders by photo would be too hard, plus it was easier to find good photos of the types of performers I featured. Also, I thought it would be fun to use performers not normally associated with music.
Along with the names of the artists and the song titles are the peak positions each tune reached on the Billboard Hot 100.
Thanks to everyone who played; stay tuned for next week's Friday Funday Trivia!
1. Bill Cosby - Little Ole Man (Uptight Everything's Alright)- #4
2. Bruce Willis - Respect Yourself- #5
3. Joey Lawrence - Nothin' My Love Can’t Fix-#19
4. Patrick Swayze - She’s Like the Wind (the female artist feat. on this son was Wendy Fraser)- #3
5. Cheryl Ladd - Think It Over- #34
6. Ann-Margret - I Just Don’t Understand- #17
7. Lorne Greene - Ringo- #1 (1 wk)
8. Jack Wagner- All I Need- #2
9. Tracey Ullman- They Don’t Know- #8
10. Edd “Kookie” Byrnes - Kookie, Kookie Lend Me Your Comb (w/ Connie Stevens)- #4
Although Edd was a phenom in the late 50s/early 60s as the Fonzie-like "Kookie" on the detective drama 77 Sunset Strip, he is perhaps best known today for his role as Vince Fontaine (host of National Bandstand) in the film version of Grease. Below is Edd and Connie's appearance on American Bandstand.
11. Jasmine Guy - Just Want to Hold You- #34
12. Jerry Lewis - Rock-a-Bye Your Baby with a Dixie Melody- #10
13. Anthony Perkins - Moon-Light Swim- #24
14. Vicki Lawrence - The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia- #1 (2 wks)
15. Rick Dees - Disco Duck (billed as Rick Dees & his Cast of Idiots)- #1 (1 wk)
1. 2 pts
2. 2 pts
3. 2 pts
4. 2 pts
5. 2 pts
6. 3 pts
7. 5 pts
8. 2 pts
9. 3 pts
10. 6 pts
11. 3 pts
12. 2 pts
13. 3 pts
14. 3 pts
15. 10 pts