Sunday, December 18, 2011

Answers To Friday Funday Trivia: Christmas TV Specials/Movies


Before getting to the answers, here are the names of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers this week:

1st place-  Teresa: 38 pts
2nd place- Aaron: 37 pts
3rd place- Becky and Janet 33 pts each

Congratulations to those who made it to the podium and thanks to everyone who played.

As you know, I normally have the results/answers posted on Saturday. However, due to this being a busier time of year and also because of the variety of answers I received for certain questions, it took me longer than expected. 

This was a hard quiz for me to score. In keeping with the holiday spirit, I found myself in a more charitable mood with some of the answers I received. On the other hand, I also wanted to keep things as fair as possible. Next to the answers in question are my explanations for how I scored a question and why. If you have any questions, beefs, etc., keep them to yourself! Just kidding, feedback (both positive and negative) is welcome. Of course, the main goal of Friday Funday Trivia is to have fun. However, I also want the game to be fair as well.

Due to the holidays, Friday Funday Trivia is going on hiatus. It'll return on Friday, January 6th. Have yourself a safe and enjoyable holiday season!


 1-5

1. 2 pts- How the Grinch Stole Christmas!

Almost half of the players gave as their answer "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas". This is a common mistake (one that I used to make too). As a result, if this was your answer, I didn't mark it as incorrect. Instead, I gave you 1 pt. For those who gave the correct answer, I awarded you an extra point. Also, if you simply put "The Grinch" as your answer, I gave you 1/2 a point. This is because I didn't specify that players had to give the complete title and because some may refer to the special as "The Grinch".

2. 2 pts- Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer (if you simply put "Rudolph" as your answer, I gave you 1/2 a point).
3. 2 pts- Home Alone
4. 2 pts- Frosty the Snowman
5. 2 pts- A Christmas Story


6-10


6. 3 pts- The Preacher's Wife
7. 2 pts- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (because the movie is also known as "Christmas Vacation", players who gave this as their answer got full credit)
8. 2 pts- Die Hard
9. 2 pts- Elf
10. 4 pts- Nestor, the Long Eared Christmas Donkey- This 1977 TV special was basically a knock-off of "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer".

For this one, I scored it the way I did #1. There were many players who said  "Nestor the Long Eared Donkey". The fact that you knew the donkey's name had to be worth something. As a result, if this was your answer, I gave you 2 pts. For those who gave the correct answer, I awarded you an extra point.


11-15
11. 3 pts- The Ref
12. 4 pts- Jack Frost- This special first aired on NBC in 1979. The voice of Jack Frost was provided by Robert Morse (who many of you may know for his recurring role as Bertram Cooper on the AMC series "Mad Men")
13. 2 pts- It's A Wonderful Life
14. 2 pts- A Charlie Brown Christmas
15. 6 pts- An American Christmas Carol- Based on the Dickens classic, this 1979 TV movie starred Henry Winkler as the Scrooge-like Benedict Slade. The setting for this version was changed from Victorian England to Depression-era New England.

No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->