Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Retro Mix Playlist for 5/25/13: 60s Garage Rock


Below is the playlist for a show I did with my nephew Brian. In addition to co-hosting with me, he came up with the show theme and picked out many of the songs we played. Although this was Brian's first time co-hosting with me, he did a good job. I look forward to having him sit in with me next year!

Hour 1

I Had Too Much to Dream Last Night- The Electric Prunes
Do You Understand Me- The JuJus
Just Like Me- Paul Revere & the Raiders
Night Time- The Strangeloves
Talk Talk- The Music Machine
I Need Somebody- ? & the Mysterians
The Little Black Egg- The Nightcrawlers
Dance with Me- The Mojo Men
Run Run Run- The Gestures
Beg, Borrow, and Steal- The Rare Breed
Cementario- Los Saicos
Nobody but Me- The Human Beinz

On the Flip Side:
I’m Not Like Everybody Else- The Kinks (the B-side to “Sunny Afternoon”)

Chico’s Girl- The Girls
Sugar and Spice- The Cryan Shames
‘Cause I Love You- The Pastels
Time Won’t Let Me- The Outsiders
I Live in the Springtime- The Lemon Drops
Again and Again- The Iguanas
A Long Long Way- Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
Hurtin’ Kind- The Bittersweets

Hour 2

She’s About a Mover- Sir Douglas Quintet
She Drives Me Out of My Mind- The Swinging Medallions
Maid of Sugar-Maid of Spice- Mouse & the Traps
Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out)- The Hombres
She’s Your Find- The Renegades
Laugh Laugh- The Beau Brummels
I’m Gonna Destroy That Boy- The What Four
You’re Gonna Miss Me- The 13th Floor Elevators
Liar, Liar- The Castaways
I Hate You- The Monks
Just One More Chance- The Outer Limits

The Guestbook segment:
Moulty- The Barbarians (features backup instrumentation by The Band)

Up Down Sue- The Luv’d Ones
Dirty Water- The Standells
Just Let Go- The Seeds
Little Bit O’Soul- The Music Explosion
Hey Joe- The Leaves
Psycho- The Sonics
Open My Eyes- The Nazz
Gloria- The Shadows of Knight

Hour 3

Louie, Louie- The Kingsmen
Who Do You Love- The Woolies
You Don’t Love Me- Kim & Grim
Going All the Way- The Squires
Respect- The Vagrants
Stop- Get a Ticket- The Clefs of Lavender Hill
Get Away Girl- Fantastic Dee Jays
Journey to Tyme- Kenny & the Kasuals
Ain’t Gonna Eat Out My Heart- The Puppets
Little Girl- The Syndicate of Sound
She Took My Oldsmobile- The Romancers
We Ain’t Got Nothin’ Yet- The Blues Magoos
I Think I’m Down- Harbinger Complex
Misty Lane- Chocolate Watch Band
Johnny Was a Good Boy- The Mystery Trend
Tell Me- The Termites
Always Running Around- The Evil
Move- The State of Mind
Mirror of Your Mind- We the People
Psychotic Reaction- The Count Five

The Retro Mix Video of the Week:  Just Like Me by Paul Revere & the Raiders



No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->