Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Retro Mix Playlist for 6/1/13: Artists We Think Should Be in the RRHOF


Below is the playlist for a show I did with my niece Pam. Along with co-hosting, she came up with the show theme and picked out many of the songs we played.  Because Pam is good at ad-libbing, she was a big help in allowing me to get songs cued up while she talked. I look forward to having her back on the show next year. 

Hour 1


Don’t Stop Believing- Journey

When I Think of You- Janet Jackson
Super Lover- Barry White
Out of the Bushes- The Treniers
I’ll Have to Say I Love You in a Song- Jim Croce
I Feel Sanctified- The Commodores
Missionary Man- Eurythmics

The Guestbook segment:

No One Gets the Prize- Diana Ross (feat. backup vocals by Ashford & Simpson)

Let’s Go- The Cars

Jumping Someone Else’s Train- The Cure
Lay It on Me- The Whispers
Buying a Book- Joe Tex
Playboy- The Marvelettes
Back Together Again- Hall & Oates

Hour 2


Sixty Minute Man- The Dominoes

Do the Boomerang- Jr. Walker & the All-Stars
Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves- Cher
I Don’t Wanna Fight- Tina Turner
You and I- Rick James
Home Again- Carole King
Hot Pants in the Summertime- The Dramatics
(Do the) Push and Pull- Rufus Thomas

On the Flip Side:

You Don’t Know What You’ve Got- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts (B-side to I Love Rock and Roll)

Renegades of Funk- Afrika Bambaataa

The Best Part of a Love Affair- The Emotions
Do You Wanna Dance- Bette Midler
One of a Kind Love Affair- The Spinners
Can the Can- Suzi Quatro

Hour 3


Hollywood Swinging- Kool & the Gang

52 Girls- The B-52s
Payback Is a Dog- The Stylistics
Yes We Can Can- The Pointer Sisters
I Put a Spell On You- Screamin’ Jay Hawkins
Sunday and Sister Jones- Roberta Flack
Shadows of the Night- Pat Benatar
Wall to Wall- Johnnie Taylor
Cool It Now- New Edition
Someday We’ll All Be Free- Donny Hathaway
Time After Time- Cyndi Lauper
Your Cash Ain’t Nothin’ but Trash- The Clovers
Shout It Out Loud- KISS

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Out of the Bushes by The Treniers


No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->