Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Retro Mix Playlist For 3/20/09

Not having time to finish prepping my show before airtime is becoming a habit. What can I say, I was in dire need of a nap before I headed to the studio yesterday. Once again, the listeners bailed me out with their requests.

One thing I love about doing radio is introducing listeners to songs they may not have heard. On 2/22, I featured the Buggles' song Kid Dynamo as part of the "On the Flip Side" segment (it was the B-side to Video Killed the Radio Star). A listener who heard me play it during that show liked it so much that he called last night and asked me to play it again. You can hear it yourself by clicking here.

7 pm hour

Don't You Forget About Me- Simple Minds
Universal Heart Beat- Juliana Hatfield
Wild Wild Life- Talking Heads
Holding On (When Love Is Gone)- L.T.D.
Theme From The Rockford Files- Mike Post
Call Me Up- Rick James
Stay- Shakespear's Sister

On the Flip Side segment:
All I Do- Stevie Wonder (flip side to That Girl)

Family Affair- Sly & the Family Stone
Car Wash- Rose Royce
Don't Stop Believin'- Journey
Lisa Listen- Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
Selling the Drama- Live
Hot Love- T. Rex

8 pm hour

Blister In the Sun- The Violent Femmes
Life Begins At the Hop- XTC
Real Love- Mary J. Blige
Loving Your Best Friend- Eric Benet
Love Her Madly- The Doors
Crackerbox Palace- George Harrison
Love Shack- The B 52s
Romancing the Stone- Eddy Grant
Little Miss Can't Be Wrong- Spin Doctors
Kid Dynamo- The Buggles
Cruel To Be Kind- Nick Lowe
I'm Fat- "Weird" Al Yankovic
Life Is A Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me)- Reunion
Welcome To the Jungle- Guns N' Roses

If you have any memories about the songs featured on this show, feel free to share them in the comments section.

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Cruel To Be Kind by Nick Lowe

5 comments:

Candy Minx said...

Love reading your playlists. Wow real blast from the past with Nick Lowe.

Janet said...

3 songs on that list I absolutely adore! Can you guess which ones?

Malcolm said...

Candy: Thanks! "Cruel To Be Kind" is one of those tunes that always brings a smile to my face.

Janet: As you can see, I'm behind in following up on comments. I'm catching up though, lol.

I love guessing games like this. Let's see, I will say that these are the 3 songs that you adore:

1. Family Affair- Sly & the Family Stone
2. Car Wash- Rose Royce
3. Love Shack- The B 52s

So how did I do?

Janet said...

Hot Love- T. Rex
Crackerbox Palace- George Harrison
Family Affair- Sly & the Family Stone

You were right on one!

Malcolm said...

Janet: I never would have guessed those other two. I hadn't played George Harrison or T. Rex in awhile so it was long overdue.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->