Friday, July 16, 2010

The Retro Mix Playlist For 7/16/10

7 pm hour

It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)- R.E.M.
Kalimba Story- Earth, Wind & Fire
The Payback- James Brown
Trouble- Lindsey Buckingham
Lisa Listen- Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
It Don't Come Easy- Ringo Starr
Public Enemy No. 1- Public Enemy

On the Flip Side segment:
All Down the Line- The Rolling Stones (B-side to Happy)

Acid Queen- Tina Turner
In the Closet- Michael Jackson
Mirror Man- Human League
How Deep Is Your Love- The Bee Gees
One On One- Hall & Oates
Timothy- The Buoys

8 pm hour

Epic- Faith No More
What's Your Favorite Color?- Living Colour
Hot Stuff- Donna Summer
Soul Love- David Bowie
One More Time- Joe Jackson
Look of Love- ABC
Super-Connected- Belly
Betcha by Golly Wow- The Stylistics

Now & Then segment's feat. artist: Sting
Next To You (from his 2010 CD Symphonicities)
If I Ever Lose My Faith In You (1993)

Kelly's Eyes- Andre Cymone
Let's Go to Bed- The Cure
I Missed the Bus- Kriss Kross
Sunshine- The Partridge Family
The Stroke- Billy Squier

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: I Missed the Bus by Kriss Kross

4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Is that Sunshine from the Partridge Family album "Crossword puzzle"? Great song.

Malcolm said...

LL Cool Joe: Yes, the Partridge Family song I played was included on their "Crossword Puzzle" album. I probably first heard it in an episode of the TV show, but didn't become familiar with it until it was used in a commercial for 7-Up a few years ago. It's one of my favorite Partridge Family songs!

LL Cool Joe said...

They made so many great pop tunes. I loved the "Sound Magazine". And David Cassidy made some pretty good solo albums too.

Malcolm said...

Yes they did LL. Their greatest hits CD is one that I keep with me in the car a lot. If I get stuck in a traffic jam, Partridge Family tunes help put or keep me in a good mood.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->