Monday, March 8, 2010

Final Results of the Recent Sexiest Song Poll

In the recent poll asking you to select the sexiest song, Marvin Gaye's 1973 ode to making the beast with 2 backs won easily with over 50% of the vote. Something that many people were in agreement on was that Physical by Olivia Newton-John did not belong on the list of sexiest songs of all time (I don't think it does either). On paper, I get the song's sexy vibe. Here are the opening lyrics to Physical:

I'm saying all the things that I know you'll like
Making good conversation
I gotta handle you just right
You know what I mean
I took you to an intimate restaurant
Then to a suggestive movie
There's nothing left to talk about
Unless it's horizontally

Ultimately, Olivia's version is too bouncy and lastly, I just can't think of Physical without getting visions of leotards and sweatbands dancing in my head. That's the power of music video.

Here are the final results:

"Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye- 54%
"I'll Make Love To You' by Boyz II Men- 13%
"Tonight's the Night" by Rod Stewart- 11%
"Physical" by Olivia Newton-John and "Other"- 9% each (you can click here to read the alternate songs chosen by readers)
"Too Close" by Next- 1%

Thanks to all of you who participated in this poll and to Denise H. for suggesting it.

Below is "The Master" Marvin Gaye performing a live version of Let's Get It On:

2 comments:

Candy Minx said...

What a beautiful video of a beautiful man! What a song!!!

Malcolm said...

Candy: Yup, it still holds up after nearly 40 years!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->