Friday, March 19, 2010

Top Five On Friday: Power Pop!


Top 5 power pop songs:


1. My Sharona by The Knack



















2. Cruel To Be Kind by Nick Lowe
















3. Go All the Way by The Raspberries






















4. Dream Police by Cheap Trick






















5. Daisy Glaze by Big Star (Alex Chilton, R.I.P.)




















Because narrowing down the list to just 5 tunes was hard, here is a bonus for all you proponents of power pop:



What songs would make your Power Pop Top Five?

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Cruel to be Kind made my list too :). I had a Trick song as well, but I chose a different one. Great choices and thanks for playing. How do you like the new site?

Jessica said...

Some good ones! :) Happy Friday!

BeckEye said...

"Red Dragon Tattoo" is the best power pop song ever. Although it might be closer to just plain pop.

Anything by Squeeze would fit...like "Is That Love" or "Annie Get Your Gun."

Brendan Benson is also amazing. His latest album is great beginning to end, but "A Whole Lot Better" is a super juicy power pop nugget.

Malcolm said...

Mistress of the D: Although picking just five songs was hard, this was one of my fave Top 5 On Fridays topics. By the way, I do like the new site.

Jessica: Thanks!

BeckEye: I had never heard of "Red Dragon Tattoo" or "A Whole Lot Better" so I pulled them up on You Tube. I liked the latter the best. Unfortunately, I could only find live versions of "Red Dragon Tattoo", but at least I got to hear it.

I thought about Squeeze for this list. Although they have many songs to choose from like you said, I would have selected "Pulling Mussels From A Shell".

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->