Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Retro Mix Playlist for 1/11/14

Show theme: The 1960s, with a spotlight on The Marvelettes

6 pm hour

Please Mr. Postman- The Marvelettes
Green'ich Grendel- Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs
Hang on Sloopy- The McCoys
Twistin' Postman- The Marvelettes
The Charleston- Chubby Checker
Son of a Preacher Man- Dusty Springfield
So Long Baby- The Marvelettes
(I Know) I’m Losing You- The Temptations
Crosstown Traffic- The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Too Strong to Be Strung Along- The Marvelettes
Runaway- Del Shannon

On the Flip Side:
Melody Hill- The Archies (B-side to Sugar, Sugar)

Beechwood 4-5789- The Marvelettes
Cry Baby- Garnett Mimms & the Enchanters
I Got Rhythm- The Happenings
Locking Up My Heart- The Marvelettes
Grazing in the Grass-Friends of Distinction
Pictures of Lily- The Who
My Daddy Knows Best- The Marvelettes
Bowling Green- The Everly Bros.

7 pm hour

Playboy- The Marvelettes
Everything’s Alright- The Newbeats
You Were on My Mind- We Five
As Long As I Know He’s Mine- The Marvelettes
Moody Woman- Jerry Butler
Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie- Jay & the Techniques
Strange I Know- The Marvelettes
Let’s Live for Today- The Grass Roots
I Saw Her Again- The Mamas & the Papas
He’s a Good Guy Yes He Is- The Marvelettes

The Greatest Miss of the Week:
That Acapulco Gold- The Rainy Daze (only reached #70 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1967)

I’ve Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)- Otis Redding
You’re My Remedy- The Marvelettes
Under My Thumb- The Rolling Stones
Hazy Shade of Winter- Simon & Garfunkel
Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead- The Marvelettes
The Day You Take One (You're Going to Have to Take the Other)- The Marvelettes
I Gotta Get a Message to You- The Bee Gees
Hey Harmonica Man- Stevie Wonder
She Drives Me Out of My Mind- The Swinging Medallions

8 pm hour

Don’t Mess with Bill- The Marvelettes
Beggin’- The Four Seasons
Saturday Night at the Movies- The Drifters
The Hunter Gets Captured by the Game- The Marvelettes
I’m Coming Back to You- Jackie Wilson
Georgy Girl- The Seekers
You’re the One- The Marvelettes
Gimme Little Sign- Brenton Wood
I’ll Keep Holding On- The Marvelettes
Stuck on You- Elvis Presley
I’m Gonna Hold on As Long As I Can- The Marvelettes
Woman, Woman- Gary Puckett & the Union Gap
My Baby Must Be a Magician- The Marvelettes
Liar, Liar- The Castaways
Action- Freddy Cannon
Message to Michael- The Marvelettes
Time is Tight- Booker T. & the M.G.s
The Snake- Al Wilson
That’s How Heartaches are Made- The Marvelettes
Too Many Fish in the Sea- The Marvelettes

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: The Marvelettes perform a hits medley at The Apollo in 1963



No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->