Art at 70's Classic Rock was kind enough to award this to me. Thank you Art; I am honored. In order to keep the giving spirit alive, I've bestowed the award on the following quintet:
1. Cynical_Bastard: With a blog title like that, you'd be a fool to go in expecting an online version of The PTL Club. Along with smart-ass commentary on a variety of subjects and assorted memes, Jay's blog also features lots of eye-catching photos.
2. Layla's Classic Rock Faves- One of the passions of Barbara (aka Layla) is rock music and her love for the genre is evident from the posts she writes.
3. Life is RANTastic!-Jessica writes about a variety of things: life's tragedies and triumphs, what's on her bookshelf, the ongoing saga of Hysteria Lane, her fondness for Mr. Bon Jovi, etc.
4. The Marvalus View- Ms. Marvulus' blog touches on a potpourri of topics (music, politics, sports, short stories, etc.). She is also one of the creators of one of my favorite memes, Old School Friday.
5. What Would Thembi Do?- In addition to putting a humorous spin on such topics as her personal and professional life, Thembi also has features like Colored But Cancelled (all about sadly short-lived TV series featuring predominately Black casts), Who Am I? , and Black C-Listers to keep her readers entertained.
I also earned the following award for placing first in the 80s Music Quiz posted by BeckEye a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, but I won't be passing this on to anybody. To paraphrase the dude in the "Hey Love" commercial, "no my brother/sister, you got to earn your own".
What are we all celebrating if we can't all agree that the confederate flag is racist? - Tonight I will take the unusual step of using an editorial from my local paper as my entire blog post. It's important because it is a bold denunciation o...
31 minutes ago