When I saw the theme for OSF was duets, I was like Della Reese in Harlem Nights after Eddie Murphy punched her in the gut ("Ooh yeah... that's what I'm talking about"). By the way, that movie didn't deserve all the pans it got, but I digress...
Since the theme is duets this week, I decided to maximize the limit according to the rules and go with two selections. The first is a team up between two of my favorite vocalists from the pop/R&B genre... James Ingram and Michael McDonald doing their hit from 1984, Yah Mo B There. I'm not sure why the beginning of this music video features James and Michael working as cooks; but it doesn't matter 'cuz this is a helluva song!
The second selection this week is a remake of the theme to the 70s Saturday morning cartoon Josie and the Pussycats by alterna-rock queens Juliana Hatfield and Tanya Donelly. This cut was recorded for the 1995 compilation CD Saturday Morning Cartoon's Greatest Hits. If you are a fan of both 60s/70s Saturday morning TV and alternative rock, I highly recommend it.
This meme was developed by Marvalus View and Ms. Grapevine. The rules are simple:
1. Anyone can participate; any music genre
2. Old School is defined as music created before 1999
3. No offensive words allowed, please use edited radio version
4. Post a video of your favorite Old School song to take us back down memory lane
5. Add your name to the meme list so that others can check you out
6. Have fun & don't forget to leave comments for other participants
If you want to join in on the fun, click here.
You can watch the videos for both Yah Mo B There and Josie & the Pussycats in the player below.
eyeball-kid:Tom Waits - Heart Attack and Vine “Don’t you know... - eyeball-kid: Tom Waits - Heart Attack and Vine *“Don’t you know there ain’t no devil there’s just God when he’s drunk”*
15 hours ago