Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Retro Mix Playlist For 12/18/09


7 pm hour

Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof Off the Sucker)- Parliament
Bring It Back Again- The Stray Cats
Jingle Bell Rock- Hall & Oates
You Sexy Thing- Hot Chocolate
Puberty- Belly
Today- Smashing Pumpkins
Do They Know It's Christmas- Band Aid

Double Retro segment:
How Long- Ace (released in 1975)
How Long- Lipps Inc. (released in 1980)

Cool It Now- New Edition
Truth Untold- Odds
2000 Miles- The Pretenders
Give Me Just A Little More Time- The Chairmen of the Board
All Day Sucker- Stevie Wonder

8 pm hour

All Star- Smash Mouth
Jukebox (Don't Put Another Dime)- The Flirts
Who Took the Merry Out of Christmas- The Staple Singers
Spill the Wine- Eric Burdon & War
Does Anybody Out There Even Care- Lenny Kravitz
So Alive- Love & Rockets
Newborn Friend- Seal

The Greatest Miss of the Week:
Make It Better (Forget About Me)- Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers (peaked at #54 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1985)

Got To Be Real- Cheryl Lynn
Another Rock & Roll Christmas- Gary Glitter
Shake Some Action- Cracker
Hero Takes A Fall- The Bangles
I Gotcha- Joe Tex
No One Like You- The Scorpions

Programming note: The Retro Mix will be on hiatus for a few weeks, returning on Friday, January 10th 2010. I hope you can join me!

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: Hero Takes A Fall by The Bangles

1 comment:

Chopra said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Montana

http://pianotutorial.net

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->