Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Results of the Recent "What 90s Movie Should Malcolm Watch Next?" Poll

With just over 40% of the vote, the Bill Murray/Andie McDowell comedy Groundhog Day was selected as the 1990s movie I should watch next. Something I learned today which fascinated me is that Groundhog Day was added to the U.S. National Film Registry in 2006 as being deemed "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant." Damn... I didn't know it was like that! Click here so you can see that Groundhog Day is in esteemed company.

I plan on watching Groundhog Day within the next month. Once I do, I will post my review here.

Here are the final poll results:

Groundhog Day- 43%
The Big Lebowski- 31%
American Beauty- 12%
Pump Up the Volume and Sling Blade- 9% each
Magnolia- 4%

Thanks to everyone who let their voice be heard in this poll!

5 comments:

Dave Vacilek said...

Great movie! Useless trivia: Watch for the scene when they are stopped on the freeway during a blizzard. It was filmed about a mile from where I worked for 10 years (in Illinois). Much of the movie was filmed in IL. The same <3 mile long freeway was used for scenes in The Blues Brothers and Batman Begins.

Jessica said...

Cannot believe you haven't seen this one!! I know that movie by heart!! LOL It's not that it's the best movie ever, it's just a classic!

Penny said...

WOOHOO!
You'll love it!

Candy Minx said...

Ya hoo!

Malcolm said...

Dave: There is no such thing as useless trivia! Just kidding. I'll look for the scene you mentioned.

Jessica, Penny, and Candy: We shall see if I'll become a "GD" fan like the three of you. I hope to watch it this weekend.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->