Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Retro Mix Playlist For 8/22/08

7 pm hour

Would I Lie To You?- Eurythmics
Too Hot To Handle- Heatwave
Superfly- Curtis Mayfield
This Is the Right Time- Lisa Stansfield
Disarm- Smashing Pumpkins
This House Is Not A Home- The Rembrandts
You Dropped the Bomb On Me- The Gap Band
One Monkey Don't Stop No Show- The Honey Cone

Common Thread segment: Rick Springfield songs to mark his 59th b-day (which was Saturday)
I've Done Everything For You
Love Is Alright Tonite
Don't Talk To Strangers

Love Is- Vanessa Williams & Brian McKnight
As Hard As It Is- Fine Young Cannibals
Chocolate City- Parliament

8 pm hour

A Fifth of Beethoven- Walter Murphy & the Big Apple Band
Joystick- The Dazz Band
Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)- The Offspring
I Didn't Mean To Turn You On- Cherrelle
Two Divided By Love- The Grass Roots
The Logical Song- Supertramp
Krush Groovin'- The Krush Groove All-Stars
Right Here/Human Nature- SWV
The Last Polka- Ben Folds Five
I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That- Elton John
Pain- The Ohio Players
Back & Forth- Aaliyah
Cum On Feel the Noize- Quiet Riot

The Retro Mix clip of the week: The Last Polka by Ben Folds Five (taken from the series Sessions At West 57th)

4 comments:

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Malcolm - sorry about not listening on Friday - I could not get my connection anywhere that day and finally had to give up and - yikes - do something else than surf the web! LOL.PopArtDiva

Anonymous said...

I used to love Smashing Pumpkins so much - but I only have one of their CDs (Siamese Dream).

I also like Brian McKnight - One Last Cry was my favorite. I just listened to Love Is and I remember it now.

It's funny you included The Gap Band. I spent hours trying to figure out what song George Michael sampled in "Star People" during his concert. It ended up being Burn Rubber on Me by The Gap Band. Chris recognized it during the show but he couldn't remember who sang it. I just couldn't let it go! LOL

Great Set!


www.mamapj.com

Jessica said...

Couldn't listen this week. :(

All good songs. And the Rembrandts, I'd forgotten about them.

Rick Springfield 59, man, what happened! :)

Malcolm said...

Pop Art Diva: When I saw you get knocked offline while we were IM'ing during my show, I figured it would be a struggle for you to get the connection back. Do something other than surf the web? I perish the thought.

Thriving Holly: Did I ever tell you that I met Brian McKnight? A few years ago he came to the office where I work to sign copies of his Greatest Hits CD. Dude is pretty tall. Whenever I hear "LOve Is", I think of 90210 because it was on the soundtrack. You might remember that when the soundtrack was out, a music video for one of the songs would play over the closing credits of the episode.

Thanks for the info on George "Your Boy!" Michael sampling The Gap Band. Not only can he sing, but he makes good sampling choices.

Jessica: Because all you hear now by The Rembrandts is the theme song to Friends, it's easy to forget some of their other tunes. I had completely forgotten about This House Is Not A Home until I went through some of the CDs I got when I subscribed to the alternative music magazine huH way back when.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->