1st place- Becky: 43 pts... excellent job!
2nd place- Teresa: 42 pts
3rd place-Josh : 40 pts (welcome to the podium!)
Congratulations to those who made it to the podium and thanks to everyone who played.
Before getting to the answers, I want to make note of how the quiz was scored. There were instances where answers were given for two of the clues that although they weren't what I was looking for, they were technically correct. As a result, the players earned full credit. I've marked these in bold red below.
1. 2 pts- A Quartet of Spinning Toys- The Four Tops
3. 2 pts- Environmentally Friendly 24-hour Period- Green Day
4. 2 pts- Crimson Without Any Elaboration- Simply Red
5. 2 pts- Mr. Munster's Recluses- Herman's Hermits. 2 bonus pts each if you can give the titles of the two #1 singles this group had on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S.- Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter and I'm Henry the VIII, I Am
6. 3 pts- Title for Elizabeth Alexandra Mary- Queen (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary is better known as Queen Elizabeth II)
8. 2 pts- The Coat I Wear During the A.M.- My Morning Jacket
9. 2 pts- Ringing Instruments That Are Shattered- Broken Bells. 2 bonus pts if you can provide the title of this group's debut album- Broken Bells
10. 4 pts- The Soft Substance Consisting of Muscle and Fat Given to Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie- Flesh for Lulu- Lulu (best known for her hit To Sir with Love) was born Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
11. 3 pts- Roberto's Surname Roberto's Surname- Duran Duran (Roberto Duran is a retired boxer who's regarded as one of the best to ever step into the ring)
I also accepted The Offspring (which was given by Becky). As a result, she was the only player to get this correct.
13. 2 pts- Mr. Depp Despises a Type of Music Characterized by Improvisation and Syncopation- Johnny Hates Jazz
14. 2 pts- Those Who Don't Participate in Activities at Social Events Because of Shyness or Unpopularity- The Wallflowers. 3 bonus pts if you can provide the name of the Beatles song this group recorded for the soundtrack to I Am Sam- I'm Looking Through You
15. 6 pts- 1930 Creation of Murat Bernard Young- Blondie. Murat Bernard Young is better known as Chic Young, who created the comic strip "Blondie" in 1930