Before getting to the answers, here are the names of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers this week.
1st place- Pjazzy 44 pts (after a lengthy absence, she is back with a vengeance!)
2nd place- Teresa: 40 pts
3rd place-Josh : 31 pts
Congratulations to those who made it to the podium and thanks to everyone who played.
3. 2 pts- Ike & Tina Turner (For 3 bonus pts, how many top 10 hits did this duo have as a team on the Billboard Hot 100?)- Answer: 1 (Proud Mary peaked at #4 in 1971)
4. 2 pts- David Bowie
5. 2 pts- Dick Clark
6. 3 pts- Brenda Lee7. 2 pts- Prince (For 2 bonus pts, provide the name of the character this artist played in a 1984 film and its 1990 sequel)- Prince played "The Kid" in Purple Rain and Graffiti Bridge.
8. 2 pts- Bob Marley
9. 2 pts- Bonnie Raitt
10. 4 pts- Bo Diddley
11. 3 pts- Steely Dan12. 4 pts- Martha & the Vandellas
13. 2 pts- Run DMC
14. 2 pts- Bill Haley (2 bonus pts if you can name the U.S. state in which this performer was born)- Michigan (the city was Highland Park)
15. 6 pts- Darlene Love: Darlene was one of the most prominent voices in Phil Spector's "Wall of Sound". In addition to singing lead on singles by her group The Blossoms and her own solo releases, Darlene was also the lead voice on He's a Rebel and He's Sure the Boy I Love. Although those two songs were credited to The Crystals, they were actually recorded by The Blossoms.
Today, many people also know Darlene from her annual Christmas-time appearances on David Letterman and for portraying Danny Glover's wife Trish Murtaugh in the 4 Lethal Weapon films.Below is a clip of Darlene performing Saved on a 1965 episode of Shindig (a show on which she, as a member of The Blossoms, was a regular).