This week's quiz is a departure from previous FFTs. Instead of photos, this quiz features the literal translations of the names of 15 musical groups who have charted in the U.S. You have to correctly identify them. For example: The Mothers Along with the Fathers= The Mamas and the Papas
If you are a Friday Funday Trivia virgin about to be touched for the very first time, please read the following rules before playing.
* The game is pub style so looking up the answers, using friends/family/co-workers, etc. for help, is not allowed.
* Unless I ask for the correct spelling, you won't lose points for any misspellings as long as I can decipher your answer. If I have no idea what you mean, I'll email you for verification. If I don't hear from you, your answer will be marked as incorrect.
* If you are the only player to come up with a correct response, you earn 5 bonus points. The first player to submit their final answers to me will earn 2 bonus points.
* Please do not post your answers in the comments section. Instead, send them to email@example.com no later than Friday night (4/6) at 11:59 PM EST. The answers will be posted on Saturday, April 7th.
Not an official rule: If you have no clue, feel free to come up with an intentionally funny answer. Although you won't get credit for a correct answer, you'll get a thumbs up from me for originality, execution, and showmanship. What can I say, I love to be entertained and I'll take it any way I can get it!
Have fun and good luck!
1. 2 pts- A Quartet of Spinning Toys
3. 2 pts- Environmentally Friendly 24-hour Period
4. 2 pts- Crimson Without Any Elaboration
5. 2 pts- Mr. Munster's Recluses (2 bonus pts each if you can give the titles of the two #1 singles this group had on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S.)
6. 3 pts- Title for Elizabeth Alexandra Mary
8. 2 pts- The Coat I Wear During the A.M.
9. 2 pts- Ringing Instruments That Are Shattered (2 bonus pts if you can provide the title of this group's debut album)
10. 4 pts- The Soft Substance Consisting of Muscle and Fat Given to Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie
11. 3 pts- Roberto's Surname Roberto's Surname
13. 2 pts- Mr. Depp Despises a Type of Music Characterized by Improvisation and Syncopation
14. 2 pts- Those Who Don't Participate in Activities at Social Events Because of Shyness or Unpopularity (3 bonus pts if you can provide the name of the Beatles song this group recorded for the soundtrack to I Am Sam)
15. 6 pts- 1930 Creation of Murat Bernard Young