Monday, May 10, 2010

Final Results of the Recent KFC Poll

In a final tally that I think is the biggest blowout I've seen since I've been doing polls, nearly 80% of you said you wanted no part of the new KFC Double Down sandwich. I had planned to try one this evening and give a full report, but my arteries were spared. When I went to a local KFC after work, I was told that their location had discontinued the Double Down. I was disappointed, because my mouth was all set for that concoction of boneless chicken, bacon, two slices of Monterey Jack and pepper jack cheese, and Colonel's sauce. It turns out my wallet was spared too because the employee informed me that the sandwich cost $7.00!!

Here are the final poll results:

There is no way in hell I'm eating that thing!- 79%
Haven't tried it, but it looks good- 10%
Had one, loved it!- 6%
Had one, it was OK- 4%

Below is the commercial for the KFC Double Down. For fans of awesome TV from The Great White North, you may recognize the first actor in the commercial. His name is Dayo Ade and as a teenager he played Bryan Lister Taylor (better known as "BLT") on the series Desgrassi Junior High/High. KFC probably realizes that the Double Down is primarily a guy thing because there isn't a female actress to be found in this spot.


2 comments:

Amber said...

I had a double down and it was really good. This being said, I don't think that I'm ever going to eat another one. It was probably the heaviest thing I've ever eaten. I'm one of those people who can eat a ton of food and then a couple of hours later eat some more. Well I had this thing at around noon and seriously had no desire to eat again for the rest of the day.

Malcolm said...

Amber: Wow, that's a helluva sandwich if it filled you up for the rest of the day. If I get ambitious enough, I am going to make my own version of the Double Down.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->