Friday, May 28, 2010

The Retro Mix Playlist For 5/28/10


Because I had so much fun last week, I've decided to switch formats from 70s, 80s, and 90s to "real oldies" of the 50s and 60s. Although I will probably do music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s again at some point in the future, it's not where my heart is at the moment.

In order to keep the show fresh and interesting, I've decided to keep the format loose and do different themes/eras each week. What I'll do from week to week is anyone's guess. I hope you are able to join me on this musical joyride.

7 pm hour

The Locomotion- Little Eva
Gonna Back Up Baby- Gene Vincent & his Blue Caps
Rave On- Buddy Holly
Pucker Up Buttercup- Jr. Walker & the All-Stars
Leavin' On Your Mind- Patsy Cline
Rock Island Line- Lonnie Donegan
Sweet Soul Music- Arthur Conley
Sweet Blindness- The Fifth Dimension
A Hazy Shade of Winter- Simon & Garfunkel
Rock This Joint- Bill Haley & his Comets
The Battle of New Orleans- Johnny Horton

The Guilty Pleasure of the Week:
Winchester Cathedral- The New Vaudeville Band

You Were On My Mind- We Five
For Your Precious Love- Jerry Butler & the Impressions
I Thank You- Sam & Dave
Woo Hoo- The Rock-A-Teens
Runaway- Del Shannon
Walkin' Miracle- The Essex
Betty and Dupree- Chuck Willis
Maybellene- Chuck Berry
Your Auntie Grizelda- The Monkees

8 pm hour

Double Shot of My Baby's Love- The Swingin' Medallions
Hey Jean, Hey Dean- Dean & Jean
Book of Love- The Monotones
Ask the Lonely- The Four Tops
Cara Mia- Jay & the Americans
Summertime U.S.A.- The Pixies Three
Crying In the Chapel- The Orioles
Sorry (I Ran All the Way Home)- The Impalas
Mendocino- The Sir Douglas Quintet
Western Union- The Five Americans

The Greatest Miss of the Week:
Twenty Flight Rock- Eddie Cochran (did not chart in the U.S.)

Slow Down- Larry Williams
Party Lights- Claudine Clark
Glad All Over- The Dave Clark Five
It Won't Be Long- The Beatles
You Beat Me To the Punch- Mary Wells
Mercy- Larry and Lorrie Collins
Land of 1000 Dances- Wilson Pickett
Shake A Tail Feather- The Five Du-Tones
I Cried A Tear- LaVern Baker
Time Won't Let Me- The Outsiders

The Retro Mix Video of the Week: You Were On My Mind by We Five

No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->