1st place- Teresa: 45 pts ... excellent job!
2nd place- Becky: 35 pts
3rd place- Michelle: 29 pts
Congratulations to those who made it to the podium and thanks to everyone who played.
3. 2 pts- DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
4. 2 pts- Wham!
5. 2 pts- Sugarland
8. 2 pts- The Everly Brothers
9. 2 pts- OutKast In what decade was this duo's 2006 musical film set? 3 bonus pts- Idlewild was set in the 1930s
10. 4 pts- Matt & Kim (Teresa was the only one to get this correct): I discovered this indie duo last summer when I caught their high energy performance of the song "Block After Block" on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, which you can watch below.
13. 2 pts- Eurythmics
14. 2 pts- Ashford & Simpson
15. 6 pts- Dick & Dee Dee (Although there were some good guesses, no one was able to come up with this one) The biggest hit this duo had on the Billboard Hot 100 was kept from the #1 spot by what song? 4 bonus pts- Take Good Care of My Baby by Bobby Vee kept The Mountain's High from reaching #1.
Along with their biggest hit, 1961's The Mountain's High, Dick & Dee reached the Billboard Hot 100 seven other times. Below is a mid 60s performance of The Mountain's High.