Sunday, November 11, 2007

What's That Song In the New iPod Touch Commercial?

The marketing team at Apple has a knack for finding catchy tunes to use for their commercials. Earlier this year they featured the song "1 2 3 4" by Canadian singer/songwriter Feist in their ad for the iPod Nano. In their current spot for the iPod Touch (based on a commercial created by an 18 year old English student named Nick Haley), they feature a song that contains the lyrics "music is my boyfriend, music is my girlfriend". The tune is titled "Music Is My Hot Hot Sex" and it's by the Brazilian group Cansei De Ser Sexy (pictured above). For short, they are also referred to as CSS. According to Wikipedia, their name means "I'm tired of being sexy" in Portuguese and was taken by a quote attributed to Beyonce'.

For anybody who stumbles upon my blog because they are looking for "hot sex", I can't help you there. However, feel free to stick around. Although I can't guarantee that you will want to smoke a cigarette after visiting my blog, you still might find something that interests you.

Below is the music video for the tune. I dare you to sit still during this tune. I'm listening to it as I type this sentence and I've got the whole head bopping/foot tapping thing going!

10 comments:

X. Dell said...

You know, after watching football all day, and having this song play at least five times per quarter, once between quarters, six times during half time, and ten times during the two-minute warnings of each game, I can honestly say that the video didn't make me dance.

It is interesting, though, in that the video shouldn't have cost too much to produce, and it looks like it could sell the song.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Oh man...Feist sells out to the ipod gods. Grrrr.

The Rock Chick said...

I love that song! I actually heard it from the kids before it was played on the iTouch commercial. It is catchy!


Jessica

Malcolm said...

X.Dell: Although I watched football all day yesterday, I didn't suffer from iPod Touch commercial overkill. During commercials, I sometimes would either switch to the other game, channel surf elsewhere, or leave the room to get things done around my place.

Mistress of the D: Since they are being used to sell a music-related product, I don't mind that artists such as Feist and CSS allow their songs to be featured in the Apple commercials.

However, the use of popular songs in commercials does get ridiculous at times. Example: A few years ago, Marvin Gaye's "Let's Get It On" was used in an ad for Lunchables (the commercial feat. a young boy and girl in a school cafeteria). That one left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jessica: This is one of those songs that I can't get out of my head. It's a good thing that I love the tune.

Holly Smith said...

Love it! Didn't know any of that...but I had of course heard the commercial, as our TV is always on!

Rebecca said...

Okay, I'm stuck in the 20th century with my dial up (but I like it!!) yet you had me ready to tap my toes too! ;D

X. Dell said...

Well, around here, we get only one game at a time here in New York (either Jets or Giants play at home every single week, and league rules limit them to one game on each network).

And since I have a studio apartment, I can't really leave the room without taking a chance on locking myself outside.

I guess I should just have that mute button fixed, huh?

Malcolm said...

X. Dell: That sucks. It sounds like repairing the mute button is the way to go. :-)

Anonymous said...

wowwee, another dead link blogsite, since getting on the internet recently I am disappointed how many dead links and absolutely POINTLESS f'n posts there are, like this blog

what is the point of keeping dead links posted anyway, is that supposed to somehow be impressive ??

stop crapping up google searches and dump the old posts, or f'n maintain them...

Bruce

Malcolm said...

Bruce, Anonymous, or whatever your name is: I really needed a good laugh today so I appreciate you stopping by and commenting. I love how people such as yourself hide behind their computer keyboard and spout off things they wouldn't dare say to someone's face. Your therapist must be really proud of you.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->