Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sweep the Leg by No More Kings

Thanks to a caller on Sports Radio 1130 WDFN, I discovered the video "Sweep the Leg" by the band No More Kings. Apparently, this video came out back in March of this year. Since I'm more of a VH-1 Classic guy, I had no idea.

If you are a fan of "The Karate Kid", you should get a kick out of this extended video. It stars William Zabka, Daniel-san's nemesis Johnny Lawrence in "The Karate Kid". Along with Zabka (who also wrote and directed the video), this clip features some of the other male cast members of the original film, as well as Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding from "Saved By the Bell") and Liza Snyder ("Sirens" and "Yes, Dear"). Besides me, who else wanted to crane kick/punch/inflict some form of bodily harm on that punk who yelled "Get 'em a body bag Johnny... yeah!" near the end of the movie?

Sorry, but Elisabeth Shue doesn't make an appearance in the video. I'll cut her some slack and assume she wasn't asked to participate. I'd hate to think that Elisabeth felt she was above hanging out with the Cobra Kai one more time.

5 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

Thanks for the laugh Malcolm. When do I get to rock and roll man?? lol!

X. Dell said...

(1) Maybe Shue didn't like the song.

(2) I never saw The Karate Kid, but this video does remind me of several acid trips I took back in the '70s.

Malcolm said...

Open Grove Claudia: You are quite welcome.

X. Dell: If you get the chance, you should check out "The Karate Kid". It still holds up after all these years.

gurl with glasses said...

ah most entertaining malcolm-sun

Malcolm said...

Gurl With Glasses: I was going to ask you the other night if you had heard of this band/seen the video. I am glad you enjoyed it.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->