Saturday, November 17, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 11/17/07

4 pm hour

The Breaks- Kurtis Blow
I Could Be Happy- Altered Images
Love Is the Drug- Roxy Music
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood- Santa Esmerelda
Proud Mary- Ike & Tina Turner
Must of Got Lost- J. Geils Band
Freedom- Wham!

Double Retro (new segment where I play two songs by an artist w/ longevity. First, one of their songs from the 50s or 60s followed by one of their 70s or 80s tunes)
Today's featured artist: James Brown
Tell Me What I Did Wrong (1958)
Living In America (1986)

The Right Stuff- Vanessa Williams
In the Street- Big Star
Shout It Out Loud- KISS
M.P.E.- Public Enemy
Uptown- Prince

5 pm hour

Jet- Paul McCartney & Wings
Hey Deanie- Shaun Cassidy
How Long- Lipps Inc.
Good Thing- Fine Young Cannibals
How Good Is Your Game- Billy Paul
Family Affair- Sly & the Family Stone
This Is the Right Time- Lisa Stansfield

Now & Then segment's featured artist: Duran Duran
Skin Divers (from their new CD "Red Carpet Massacre")
Hungry Like the Wolf

The Gigolo- O'Bryan
Gloria- Enchantment
Boogie Oogie Oogie- A Taste of Honey
Rock & Roll Dreams Come Through- Jim Steinman

6 pm hour

Black Cat- Janet Jackson
Yankee Rose- David Lee Roth
Little Green Bag- The George Baker Selection
Love Jones- The Brighter Side of Darkness
Rockin' Soul- The Hues Corporation
Walls Come Tumbling Down
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)- Sly & the Family Stone

On the Flip Side Segment:
Jailbreak- Thin Lizzy (the B-side to "The Boys Are Back In Town")

Sweet Hitch-Hiker- CCR
Square Biz- Teena Marie
Turn This Mutha Out- M.C. Hammer
Suburbia- Pet Shop Boys
Club At the End of the Street- Elton John
Dance With Me- Peter Brown & Betty Wright

Did any of your faves make the list? Also, feel free to share any memories that any of these songs bring back for you.

Note to Susan: you can limit it to just one song memory if you want. Inquiring minds (read: me) want to know.
:-)

5 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

OMG, Shaun Cassidy! I haven't even THOUGHT about him in eons, but he was way cuter than Leif, I always thought.

My head's throbbing, so no memories. Just the mention that Metallica's James Hetfield came out as a Duran Duran fan and I really ought to finish reading that interview and see what else he confesses...

pjazzypar said...

Good show! Thanks for "Square Biz".

Holly Smith said...

LOVE Thank You by Sly & the Family Stone!

Malcolm said...

Susan: I hope your head is feeling better. People may laugh, but "Hey Deanie" is a damn good song. If the James Hetfield interview is online, can you send me the link?

Pjazzy: Thanks! "Square Biz" is one of those songs that serves two purposes on my show.

1) It's an excellent song

2) It's long enough (over 6 minutes) to allow me to get certain things done while it's playing

Holly: It's hard to go wrong with Sly and the Family Stone. The opening guitar lick is one of my favorite song intros.

Anonymous said...

My God, if I had a nickel for every time I hit the dance floor to PSB's Suburbia, I'd have probably $40 by now.

I love that song. Barking and all.

Amy

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->