Monday, June 16, 2008

Final Results of the Celebrity Marriage Poll

In the recent poll in which I asked what recent celebrity marriage did you think would last the longest, the dynamic duo of Beyonce' and Jay-Z received exactly half of the votes. Coming in a distant 2nd was the coupling of actress Jessica Alba and Cash Warren (the son of actor and former UCLA basketball star Michael Warren). Of the five choices, I would bet on these two marriages lasting the longest. I can't exactly pinpoint why I think Beyonce' and Jay-Z will have staying power; it's just a gut feeling. Although I know little about Cash Warren, Jessica Alba seems to have her shit together; you never read stories about her carousing at the clubs, getting in trouble with the law, etc. That's my reasoning behind expecting their marriage to have staying power.

As for the remaining three couples in the poll, I'm a bit surprised that they received any votes. The out of the blue nuptials of Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon had many of us looking as if we suffered from itchy scalps. If they are still together by the time Nick turns 30 (he'll reach that milestone in October 2010), I'll be surprised. The Ashley Simpson/Pete Wentz marriage seems to be the iffiest one of the lot. Although I have no way of knowing, there still might be shotgun powder residue on their marriage license. If Ashley is anything like her sister Jessica, I fully expect the public to get the opportunity to see her marriage with Pete Wentz played out in a reality show fairly soon. In regards to Charlie Sheen's marriage to Brooke Mueller, that's one I could see lasting 5 months or 5 years.

Here are the final results:

Beyonce' & Jay-Z: 50%
Jessica Alba & Cash Warren: 33%
Ashley Simpson & Pete Wentz, Charlie Sheen & Brooke Mueller, and Mariah Carey & Nick Cannon: 5% each

2 comments:

pjazzypar said...

Hey Malcolm,

I agree with your analysis of the different couplings. I went with Jessica and Cash, for the very reasons you specified. I also think that Jay Z and B might have staying power because they have been together forever in Hollywood years. Mariah and Nick just might fool everyone, but I do hope Mariah got a prenup.

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: I am with you on hoping Mariah got a pre-nup. I would hate for her love to have to cost her half of her shit.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->