Before getting to the answers, here are the names of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers this week.
1st place- Becky: 47 pts... An 80's kid if there ever was one, Becky correctly identified every photo and only missed the last bonus question... awesome job!
2nd place- Michelle (playing for the very first time... welcome to the game!) and Teresa: 33 pts each
3rd place- David: 29 pts
Congratulations to those who made it to the podium and thanks to everyone who played.
3. 2 pts- The Go Go's
4. 2 pts- Pat Benatar (2 bonus pts if you can name the 80s teen flick that features a lunchroom scene in which 3 students have cultivated the look of the performer in photo #4)- Fast Times at Ridgemont High
5. 2 pts- Janet Jackson
6. 3 pts- Mary Jane Girls7. 2 pts- Bananarama
8. 2 pts- Joan Jett (3 bonus pts if you can correctly guess the number of wks her biggest hit spent at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100)- I Love Rock 'n' Roll spent 7 wks at #1
9. 2 pts- The Bangles
10. 4 pts- Vixen
11. 3 pts- Exposé- This dance pop trio had a string of hits including Come Go with Me, Point of No Return, and their #1 single Seasons Change.
There were two players who questioned the gender of Exposé. If it turned out that any of the members were men, the name of their group would become highly ironic! You can check for any Adam's Apples or any other questionable bulges by watching the video to Point of No Return at the end of this post.
12. 4 pts- Dale Bozzio (lead singer of the new wave group Missing Persons)- Becky was the only player to answer this correctly.
A couple of players who didn't recognize Dale Bozzio made reference to her resemblance to Lady Gaga. According to Dale's Wikipedia page, Gaga was encouraged to take inspiration from her. You can see for yourself by checking out Missing Persons' video for Words below.
13. 2 pts- Sheila E. (3 bonus pts if you can name the Rock & Roll Hall of Famer that the performer in photo 13 toured with as a backup band member in 2001, 2003, and 2006)- Ringo Starr (Sheila E. toured with the ex-Beatle as a member of his All-Starr Band during those years. Although Sheila E. is strongly associated with Prince, she didn't tour with him in the years specified)
14. 2 pts- The Pointer Sisters
15. 6 pts- K.T. Oslin (Oslin is a country singer who's first top 10 hit was, wait for it... 80's Ladies!)