Saturday, June 9, 2007

Spare Us Paris

It is refreshing to see that sometimes justice is served. Friday morning, a crying and disheveled Paris Hilton was hauled into court and learned that she will be going back to the L.A. county jailto serve out the remaining days of her sentence for violating probation in an alcohol-related reckless driving case. After Judge Michael T. Sauer laid down his gavel, Paris was led away by two deputies as she cried for her mommy.

When I started this blog earlier in the year, I tried to avoid writing about "celebs" such as Paris because they hardly seemed worth the space. People who are famous just for being famous normally don't move me. However, I was compelled to throw in my copper-plated Lincolns after this latest episode. For many of us who reside in what is known as the real world, the announcement on Thursday that Paris would be confined to the drab and dusty confines of her mansion because of a "medical condition" was further proof that being rich and famous means that you can do what you want when you want without any consequences. Repeatedly break the law and you get a sentence that basically amounts to being grounded... yeah, that seems fair.

The fact that Judge Michael T. Sauer saw to it that Paris wasn't allowed to skate and spend the remainder of her sentence chillin' at the crib makes me a little (just a little) more faithful in the judicial system. Who knows, maybe her time in jail will force Paris to get her "mind right" (whenever there's a chance for me to work in a Cool Hand Luke reference, I gotta bite). Hell, I am probably kidding myself... right?

No comments:

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->