Friday, July 18, 2008

Please Take A Moment To Vote In the Current Jennifer Hudson Album Cover Poll... Thank You


The cover of former American Idol contestant/Academy Award winner Jennifer Hudson's upcoming album has generated a bit of controversy since it was unveiled on July 10th 2008. A "source" says that the body in the album photo is actually Jennifer's. However, there are many who think that Ms. Hudson is the victim of the worst body makeover since a freelance artist infamously referenced a 1979 photo of Ann-Margret when he did an illustration of Oprah Winfrey for the cover of a 1989 issue of TV Guide.

If the album cover is an accurate representation of Jennifer Hudson, props to her. However, if the photo is courtesy of Photoshop, that's really unfortunate. Not only would a Photoshop scam undermine what's really important (the quality of the music on Jennifer's album), but it also reinforces the body image stereotypes that women have dealt with for years.

8 comments:

Candy Minx said...

I saw her on the BET Awards a couple weeks ago and she had definately lost about 10 lbs. Maybe a bit more.

Also, lighting and the belt...with the angle of the cmera near her hip level are very flattering to the waistline.

I think she did lose some weight though.

Thembi Ford said...

Her upper arms look really suspicious so I think Photoshop is at play there, but her body could just be girdled-up.

pjazzypar said...

She has lost a little weight the last time I saw her, but in the photo she looks to have lost about 40 lbs. It's too bad that women are under so much pressure to be a size 6.

The Rock Chick said...

Personally, I think this is the result of Photoshop only because if you look at the left side of her skirt under the belt, the skirt appears to be coming out at an angle clothes wouldn't normally fall at.

It's slight, but it looks altered to me.

Marvalus said...

Photoshop, definitely...within an inch of her life...

X. Dell said...

You won't give us a chance to say, "Both"?

Malcolm said...

Candy: I think you may be on to something about the lighting and camera angle. As you also mentioned, I have heard that she has lost some weight as well.

Thembi: Solid theories on your part.

Pjazzy: I guess that Hollywood is prescribing to the "camera adds 10 lbs theory". It's good that women show some backbone in the figurative sense. However, I am not interested in seeing their backbone literally.

The Rock Chick: You have a very keen eye. Your theory is something I never even considered.

Ms. Marvulus: The way the waist looks out of proportion is what leads me to believe that it's a Photoshop job too.

X. Dell: Sorry, not this time. Flip a coin my man... flip a coin.

Pop Art Diva Enterprises said...

Hahaha, photoshop is winning, lol.

I made myself 20 years younger on my photo-id-logo - god love photoshop!

I agree with Rock Chick and thembi - definitely new age playboy style airbrushing going on here!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->