Thursday, August 30, 2007

40th Anniversary of The Final Episode of The Fugitive

Because of time constraints, I didn't get the chance to post this on Wednesday. However, I would be remiss if I didn't make note of the 40th anniversary of the day the running stopped... the final episode of "The Fugitive".

Since I wasn't born when it first aired in the U.S. on August 29th 1967 and "The Fugitive" was rarely syndicated I was growing up, I didn't see the final episode until the early 1990s when A&E started showing reruns. After hearing about it for years and only seeing a few clips on various retrospectives, I have to say that the final episode lived up to its hype. To me, it would have been a disappointment for the show to end without Dr. Richard Kimble getting the chance to clear his name and catch up with the One-Armed Man.

Below is the climax of the series finale of "The Fugitive". Even though I've seen it several times, it is still exhilarating to see Dr. Kimble finally get justice after being on the run from Lt. Philip Gerard for so long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk about a blast from the past! YouTube seems to have a everything. I vaguely remember watching the show when it originally aired.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

NO way! I'd have never guessed the show was that old!

Suddenly, I'm feeling a bit younger -- and that's a GOOD thing.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->