Saturday, August 25, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 8/25/07

4 pm hour

You Give Love A Bad Name- Bon Jovi
Bootzilla- Bootsy Collins
Yes I Am- The Emotions
Time (Clock of the Heart)- Culture Club
Don't Let Go- Wang Chung
Cisco Kid- War

Common Thread segment: Remakes of songs from the 1950s
Rockin' Robin- Michael Jackson
Don't Be Cruel- Cheap Trick
Oh Lonesome Me- The Kentucky Headhunters
Come On, Let's Go- Los Lobos
Chantilly Lace- Jerry Lee Lewis

Touch A Hand, Make A Friend- The Staple Singers
Ain't Gonna Bump No More (With No Big Fat Woman)- Joe Tex
Tarzan Boy- Baltimora
Whodunit- Tavares

5 pm hour

Kiss Me Deadly- Lita Ford
Ghetto Life- Rick James
Happy- Brick
Ohio- Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
Drive Me Wild- Vanity 6
Policy of Truth- Depeche Mode
Caravan of Love- The Housemartins

On the Flip Side segment:
Get Up, Get Down, Get Funky, Get Loose- Teddy Pendergrass (the B-side to "Close the Door")

Get Up & Boogie- Silver Convention
Wildflower- Skylark
Mary, Mary- Run DMC
Ladies First- Queen Latifah
For the Love of Money- The O'Jays
Jimmy Loves Mary Anne- Looking Glass

6 pm hour

Jungle Love- The Time
Birthday Suit- Johnny Kemp
Listen Like Thieves- INXS
Cruel To Be Kind- Nick Lowe
Stick Up- The Honey Cone
Working Together- Maze feat. Frankie Beverly
You're the Only Woman- Ambrosia
Tears- John Waite
Walking Down Your Street- The Bangles
Keeper of the Castle- The Four Tops
Love Or Let Me Be Lonely- Friends of Distinction
Talk Talk- Talk Talk
A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing)- Romeo Void
Boys Don't Cry- The Cure
Superfly- Curtis Mayfield

Did any of your faves make this week's playlist?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I had to miss the show yesterday because of work. Anyhow the playlist looks good and I am still laughing at the Honey Cone video...What a hoot!

Bar L. said...

You have great taste in music! I like your blog, I linked you to both of mine, Layla's Classic Rock and my main blog.

I'll be back to read more :) Oh, thanks for the comment you left me!!

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: Sorry that you missed the show. When I played the Teddy Pendergrass song, I made a reference to "What's Happening" that you probably would have appreciated. I said that the TP song reminds me of the show because Rerun danced to it when he entered the dance contest against Danny Domino.

That "Soul Train" clip feat. The Honey Cone was pretty cool. I wish that Don Cornelius would release an official version of the old Soul Train shows on DVD.

Hello Layla: thanks for the kind words and for adding me to your blogroll! I added your blog links to my page as well. I always welcome the chance to meet another music lover.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->