Saturday, August 18, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 8/18/07

4 pm hour

The Show- Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew
I Need A Man- Eurythmics
Keep It Coming Love- KC & the Sunshine Band
Thanks For Saving My Life- Billy Paul
Ego Tripping Out- Marvin Gaye
Driver's Seat- Sniff & the Tears

Common Thread segment: Singers with famous parents
Say You're Wrong- Julian Lennon
Fear- Lenny Kravitz
Mr. Melody- Natalie Cole

Baby Come Back- Player
Darlington County- Bruce Springsteen
I Wanna Get Next To You- Rose Royce

5 pm hour

When the Going Gets Tough (The Tough Get Going)- Billy Ocean
Chain Reaction- Diana Ross
Panic- The Smiths
Fame- David Bowie
Runnin' With the Devil- Van Halen
If You Want Me To Stay- Sly & the Family Stone
Encore- Cheryl Lynn
Word Up- Cameo

Now & Then segment's featured artist: Paul McCartney
Ever Present Past (from his new CD "Memory Almost Full")
Jet- Paul McCartney & Wings

City Country City- War
Shadows of the Night- Pat Benatar
Take It To the Top- Kool & the Gang
Little Walter- Tony, Toni, Tone

6 pm hour

Burning Love- Elvis Presley
Butter Boy- Fanny
I Think I Can Beat Mike Tyson- DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince
Cool It Now- New Edition
It Must Be Love- Madness
I Don't Know If It's Right- Evelyn "Champagne" King
Rubberband Man- The Spinners
Europa & the Pirate Twins- Thomas Dolby
Love Is Like Oxygen- Sweet
Circles- Atlantic Starr
They Don't Know- Tracey Ullman
Brother Louie- Stories
Rode By the Place (Where We Used To Stay)- David Ruffin
Party Train- The Gap Band
Summer Nights- John Travolta & Olivia Newton- John

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great show yesterday. I enjoyed your "Common Threads" segment. "Mr. Melody" is one of my favorites by Natalie Cole. Speaking of which I saw her at a concert starring Chaka Khan, Will Downing and Kem last summer. She was a spectator and I wondered who she had come to see. I know when she first came on the scene she patterned her look after Chaka Khan (see her first album) but quickly banished it for a look more befitting her style of music.

Malcolm said...

Thanks Pjazzy! Before I bought a copy of it Friday night, I probably hadn't heard "Mr. Melody" in nearly 30 years. I took a look at the album cover for Natalie Cole's "Inseparable"... I had forgotten that she briefly sported that Chaka-like style.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->