Sunday, August 12, 2007

One Life To Live Says Goodbye To Asa Buchanan

On the 10,000the episode of "One Life To Live", the citizens of Llanview pay their final respects to bourbon swilling billionaire Asa Buchanan. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the ABC daytime drama decided to kill off the long-running character when actor Philip Carey refused to go off contract and appear on a recurring basis. Carey's last appearance on the show was on April 26th.

Asa's funeral allows for the temporary return of several fan favorites from One Life To Live's past. James DePaiva (Max Holden), Dan Gauthier (Kevin Buchanan), John Loprieno (Cord Roberts), Tonja Walker (Alex Olanov), and Nathan Fillion (Joey Buchanan) have all signed on to reprise their roles for the occasion. The 10,000th episode of One Life To Live airs on Friday August 17th.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be tuning in to see some of my favorites from days gone by. Too bad they couldn't get Judith Light (Karen Wolek) to reprise her role too.

The Rock Chick said...

I used to watch this show years ago--haven't seen it in ages. I remember all of those past characters-I'm going to check it out!!!

Nobody ever really dies on soap operas :)

Name: Debra Garcia, M.A. said...

The episodes with Asa's dying were actually tear-jerkers for me. I don't think that it's a matter of missing Asa (not in the least). My mom passed away a couple of months ago and it brought up memories.

Aside from the tears, some of the story lines about his death seemed a bit contrived (as opposed to the other very real story lines :-) ). I don't think they needed Bo to be so upset and then recover so quickly. Just seemed a bit forced.

Malcolm said...

It was great to see the OLTL alumns return for Asa's funeral. I agree with you about the subplot regarding Bo's reaction to Asa's death.

I hope that Asa's death isn't a ruse and that they plan on bringing the character back. Although I doubt if they will, in the back of my mind I am thinking that Asa faked his death to avoid being arrested by Bo. This is a bit of a stretch, but you that anything is possible in the world of soaps.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->