Saturday, August 4, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 8/4/07

4 pm hour

Hollywood Swinging- Kool & the Gang
Start- The Jam
Life Begins At the Hop- XTC
Then Came You- Dionne Warwick & the Spinners
Crazy Horses- The Osmonds
Fancy Lady- Billy Preston
Cars- Gary Numan

Common Thread segment: songs written, produced, and feat. guest vocals by Rick James
Standing On the Top- The Temptations
I'm Just A Sucker For Your Love- Teena Marie
Party All the Time- Eddie Murphy

Pieces of April- Three Dog Night
Nothin' At All- Heart
Shake & Dance With Me- Con Funk Shun

5 pm hour

Wild Thing- Tone Loc
Strip- Adam Ant
992 Arguments- The Ojays
SOS-ABBA
Drama- Erasure
Dreamtime- Daryl Hall

Now & Then segment featured artist: Chaka Khan
Shining Star (from the Earth, Wind, & Fire tribute CD "Interpretations")
Tell Me Something Good- Rufus

Flying High- The Commodores
Money's Too Tight To Mention- Simply Red
Clean Up Woman- Betty Wright
Wheel In the Sky- Journey
Tell Me What- Fine Young Cannibals

6 pm hour

TNT- AC/DC
Black Cat- Janet Jackson
Escape (I Need A Break)- Whodini
Chick-A-Boom (Don't Ya Jes' Love It)- Daddy Dewdrop
Crazy Little Thing Called Love- Queen
A Love Bizarre- Sheila E.
Sign Your Name- Terence Trent D'Arby
Dream Police- Cheap Trick
Sweet Caroline- Bobby Womack
N.Y. You Got Me Dancing- Andrea True Connection
Let It Whip- The Dazz Band
Be Good Johnny- Men At Work
It's the End of the World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)- R.E.M.
Are You Lonely- Labelle
Lookin' Out My Back Door- CCR


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Xavier B.,

Now that was a nice show. A really good mix of music. I heard some of my favorites, "Sucker For Your Love" and "Standing on the Top", which I knew were coming when you said "songs written, produced and featuring guest vocals by Rick James. I had totally forgotten about Eddie Murphy's singing career, as most have I'm sure.

Where else can you hear such a wonderful mixture of music? Most shows stick to a certain format, which I think kills disc jockey creativity and limits their ability to surprise their audience. You even threw in some Womack (thanks for "The Clean Up Woman") and an old diddy by Labelle. Oh yeah I had never heard that Earth Wind and Fire tribute track by Chaka Khan, that was cool.

Anyhow keep up the good work. I will be tuning in next Saturday.

Cup said...

Great music mix! Very eclectic, which is a must for a good mix — and yet they all tie in well together. Wish I could have listened while you played the songs.

Malcolm said...

Hi Pjazzy: Thanks, I am glad to hear you enjoyed the show. I think that consultants and chicken shit media companies have helped to kill creativity in radio. I consider myself lucky to be able to put on the type of show that I do.

Beth: Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I hope you are around to listen to the live webstream this coming Saturday. I've added you to my blogroll and look forward to the next mixtape that you post.

Dale said...

Nice mixing and matching there!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->