Thursday, August 2, 2007

Stevie Wonder To Tour For the First Time In Over 20 Years

On Thursday, it was announced that Saginaw native Stevie Wonder will be launching his 1st U.S. tour since 1986. The 13 city tour, titled "Wonder's Summer Night" is scheduled to open in San Diego on Aug. 23rd and wrap up on September 20th in Boston. However, the Motown legend stated that more dates may be added.

When I first read this story, I was somewhat surprised. Because Stevie performs so many one-off concerts, it never occurred to me that he hasn't done an actual tour in such a long time. Below are the scheduled dates for what will possibly be one of the hottest tours of the year.

    DATE       CITY                VENUE
Aug. 23 San Diego, CA Humphrey's
Aug. 25 Lake Tahoe, CA Harvey's Amphitheatre
Aug. 26 Concord, CA Concord Pavilion
Aug. 28 Santa Barbara, CA Santa Barbara Bowl
Aug. 30 Portland, OR Edgefield Amphitheatre
Aug. 31 Woodinville, WA Chateau Saint Michelle Winery
Sept. 4 Saratoga, CA Mountain Winery
Sept. 5 Los Angeles, CA Greek Theatre
Sept. 10 Chicago, IL Charter One Pavilion
Sept. 12 Detroit, MI Meadowbrook Theatre
Sept. 14 Atlanta, GA Chastain Park Amphitheatre
Sept. 16 Baltimore, MD Pier Six Pavilion
Sept. 20 Boston, MA Bank of America Pavilion

4 comments:

Cup said...

Omigod! My crowd and I have been squealing about this all day! We're grabbing our tix for Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

Dammit! I would have seen Stevie at the Greek in Los Angeles if I still resided in California. What a bummer. That's where I saw Smokey (for the first time)and Chaka Khan last August. I am focusing on concerts of legends that I have never seen. I also saw Aretha last August and I went to see Diana Ross in April. I hope Stevie decides to come to my neck of the woods because I really would like to see him perform live. I actually saw him in person back in 1990 at the Detroit Metro Airport. I was picking up my best friend who lives in Los Angeles and Stevie was on the flight.

My son refers to Stevie Wonder as the greatest drummer ever and if you would like a real treat go to "You Tube" and type in "Stevie Wonder Drum Solo" It is awesome!

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: Thanks for the info on the You Tube clip of Stevie's drum solo. Although I know he played a majority of the instruments on many of his records, I think that was the 1st time I ever saw him behind the kit.

Janet said...

Ooooh, at the Bank of American Pavilion...AWESOME! I saw Stevie more than 20 years ago, he played a concert in the Boston Common outdoors...he was fantastic!

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->