Sunday, November 4, 2007

Spin City Playlist For 11/3/07

4 pm hour

Roam- The B 52s
Wrap It Up- The Fabulous Thunderbirds
Show Bizness- Gil Scott-Heron
Show & Tell- Al Wilson
Never Marry A Railroad Man- Shocking Blue
Lawyers In Love- Jackson Browne
Hey Nineteen- Steely Dan

Common Thread segment: Songs from Blaxploitation films
Theme from Foxy Brown- Willie Hutch
Theme from Cleopatra Jones- Joe Simon
Are You Man Enough- The Four Tops (from the film "Shaft In Africa")
Freddie's Dead- Curtis Mayfield (from the movie "Superfly")

If She Knew What She Wants- The Bangles
Statue of Liberty- XTC
Pop Muzik- M
Way Back Home- Jr. Walker & the All-Stars

5 pm hour

Simply Irresistible- Robert Palmer
Roxanne Roxanne- UTFO
Satisfaction Guaranteed- Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes
Sweet Seasons- Carole King
I Like It- DeBarge
Fly Robin Fly- Silver Convention

On the Flip Side segment:
61 Seconds- The Outfield (song is the B-side to "Your Love")

Kiss & Tell- Bryan Ferry
Dazz- Brick
Stage Fright- The Band
Work To Do- The Isley Bros.
The Glamorous Life- Sheila E.
I Don't Wanna Be A Hero- Johnny Hates Jazz

6 pm hour

Hot Blooded- Foreigner
Messin' With My Mind- Labelle
Walking On the Chinese Wall- Philip Bailey
Gold- John Stewart
Rock & Roll Is King- ELO
Dance Little Sister- Terence Trent D'Arby
How Will I Know- Whitney Houston

The Guilty Pleasure of the Week:
Clair- Gilbert O'Sullivan

Mama's Pearl- The Jackson Five
I Ain't No Joke- Eric B. & Rakim
Turn the Beat Around- Vicki Sue Robinson
Whenever You're On My Mind- Marshall Crenshaw
Bring It Back Again- The Stray Cats
Special Lady- Ray, Goodman, & Brown

Did any of your favorite songs make this week's playlist?

5 comments:

pjazzypar said...

You played a lot of songs that I had not heard in a while. I especially enjoyed the common thread segment. It's rare to hear the "Theme From Cleopatra Jones". Wonderful show.

Thembi Ford said...

"Dance Little Sister" - amazing.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

The Bangles made my weekend list too :)

Holly Smith said...

How will I know! Loved Whitney before her "crack is whack" days....I can't wait for her to make her big comeback. She has one of the best voices of our time. I still listen to my Bodyguard soundtrack all the time.

Malcolm said...

Pjazzy: Thanks! I love that guitar work on "The Theme From Cleopatra Jones". In my opinion, Joe Simon is one of the more underrated soul singers of the late 60s/70s.

Thembi: That is a great tune by Terence Trent D'Arby. It was a last minute add because my show was running about 3 to 4 minutes short. It's cool when I improvise and things actually turn out OK.

Mistress of the D: I checked out your weekend playlist. The Bangles' version of the Grass Roots' "Where Were You When I Need You" is outstanding. The also do a pretty good version of the Big Star tune "September Gurls".

Holly: I hear that Whitney is in fine voice on her upcoming album. As much as some of us (me included) love to rip on celebs when they are down, I think we enjoy a comeback story even better... I know I do.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->