Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - Week 32


From Music Memoirs, Tuesday Tunes - Week 32
New and old this week.

What's the newest song you are currently into? Pump by The B-52s

What older artists have you recently discovered? Since I have been heavily into older music for most of my life, I haven't discovered any "new" older artists recently. However, that's not to say that there still aren't some still awaiting discovery by me.


What do you think of "reunion tours" or "revival tours"? As long as most of the key members are still with the group, I don't have a problem with it.

What new releases are on your wish list? Van Halen, Michael Jackson, and John Mellencamp all have proposed upcoming releases that interest me.

5 comments:

Polly said...

I love the new B-52s album! And "Pump" is indeed great.

Melli said...

Well, we are in completely different genres ... but probably also in completely different generations!!! LOL! I'm sO old that MOST of my favorite music is from "older" artists! hehehe...

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'm really liking the new b52s track too. the cd is on my wish list :) among a zillion others!

Thanks for playing :)

Jessica said...

Newest song Missy Higgins-Where I Stood.

Older artists- already into most, but I guess one that I haven't explored fully yet would be Leonard Cohen. A little too depressing to listen to everyday though.

I like reunion tours a lot, Kiss bothers me just bc they said they were retiring a long time ago, but they keep going even when original members aren't there. I'm thinking it is just for the money.

New releases- I'm with you...I'm sure there are more though. I was waiting forever for Jack Johnson and The Counting Crows-they finally came out!

Malcolm said...

Polly: I listened to 30 second snippets of the new album and "Pump" was the standout. I will have to go back and listen again to the other snippets.

Melli: Believe it or not, but many of my favorite artists were well before my time. Like the Beach Boys song goes, I sometimes feel that "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times", lol.

Mistress of the D: My CD (not to mention DVD) wish list is overflowing and with the economy, will likely remain that way.

Jessica: Since I wasn't familiar with Missy Higgins, I did a Google search and watched the video for "Where I Stood". I really liked it. That's one thing I love about blogging/playing Music Memoirs: discovering new music. Thank you.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->