Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Blog Find: Christine Kane

Tonight I was planning on posting about Lindsay Lohan's latest legal mishap. Since I had recently posted about the sad downfall of singer Mindy McCready, I figured I should take a break from writing about celebrities fuckin' up (for just a little while) and tell you a story about a cool blog that I stumbled upon.

Earlier today I was checking my blog stats and found that several readers were being referred to me through Christine Kane's blog. Since I was unfamiliar with Ms. Kane, I decided to put on my deerstalker cap and do a little detective work. I found that Christine Kane (a singer-songwriter, performer, teacher and writer) wrote a "Thursday Thirteen" last week in which she gave away 13 copies of her latest CD "A Friday Night In One Lifetime". As an added bonus, she posted 13 links to other Thursday Thirteeners who have written about songs. Although I did write a Thursday Thirteen about song remakes a few weeks ago, I didn't find a link to it within Christine's post. By blind luck I found that although the first link said it was for "Deborah McDonnell", it actually led to the Thursday Thirteen I wrote on song remakes! I later found that a blog writer named Deborah McDonnell did write a TT that was song-related.

Since it appears that Christine linked to my post by mistake, I decided to send her a heads up via email. Although I have no idea how the mixup occurred, I thanked Christine for the exposure. I also let her know how much I enjoyed her blog. According to Christine's profile, the intent of her blog is to inspire people to live creatively, consciously and courageously. I feel that she succeeds on all three counts. In addition to a page where you can purchase her merchandise (CDs, DVDs, T-shirts, etc.), Christine also provides information on her workshops, women's retreats, and live performances. If you would like a sample of Christine Kane's music, at the end of this post I have included a link to clips of her performing two songs ("Right Outta Nowhere" and "There's No Such Thing As Girls Like That"). Before each song, Christine tells humorous background stories about the tunes.

One of the joys of the Internet is discovering quality blogs/sites along the way. Another thing that I love is sharing these discoveries with as many people as I can.

Christine Kane Performance Clips

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Ms. Kane's blog and downloaded the song "The Real World" from her CD. Not Bad.

Malcolm said...

Hi pjazzypar: Like I said, Christine Kane was a cool find... I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the song you downloaded.

As a side note, I was trying to figure out who she looked like. She reminds me of a younger Rene Russo or Wendie Malick.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->