Saturday, July 28, 2007

WKUF Is Streaming Live!

I just learned that WKUF-LP 94.3 is now streaming live. As some of you may know, WKUF is the college radio station where I host a 70s and 80s radio show called "Spin City". Since the station's inception a few years ago, one of the goals has been to stream our broadcasts. Unfortunately, various obstacles made this a difficult undertaking. At any rate, you can now hear me and all the other live shows on the station right through your computer! Just click on the link below, which takes you to the page that lists the station's current schedule. From there, scroll down and click on the Listen to the NEW WKUF Student Webstream link. Real Player will open and voila, you can listen from anywhere in the world! I am on the air every Saturday from 4-7 pm. I hope you are able to listen.

WKUF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good show Malcolm (Xavier B),

It was nice to hear the music playing in real time. This will open your show up to a whole new audience. I know the people who comment on your blog will be tuning in to listen.

Lori said...

Hey Malcolm,
Great news. I plan to listen when I return home in a couple of weeks. I'll have to jot myself a note to remind myself about Saturday schedule though. Might you consider a permanent posting of the time somewhere on your site?
Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Is your hiatus over now??

Malcolm said...

Hi Pjazzy: I am glad that you were able to listen. There had been alot of "back and forth" as to whether the station would ever be streamed. I am keeping my digits crossed, because I am worried that it won't last. I just need to chill and enjoy it while it does last.

Hi Lori: I forgot that you were on the road. I hope that all is going well for you. Thanks for the tip about permanently posting my showtime on my blog. I'll put something up this evening.

Hi BookMama: Yes, my hiatus is over. It was good to be back on the air after the long layoff.

Because we are now streaming (which meant a potential larger audience), I was a bit nervous. There also was a computer glitch which prevented me from accessing audio files that I use during my show. However, I was able to improvise on the fly and things worked out OK.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->