Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #3: Movie Quotes From 80s Comedies

Thursday Thirteen: Movie Quotes From 80s Comedies



When coming up with this week's TT, I decided to go back to the decade when we had an actor in The White House, Pac-Man ruled, and I wore a Mohawk haircut!

How many of these movie quotes do you remember? Answers are towards the bottom of this post.


1. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.


2. Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.


3. I've been in prison for three years. My dick gets hard if the wind blows.

4. Can you describe the ruckus sir?

5. Oh Papa Tooney. We've got a Looney.


6. Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that.

7. Did you have a brain tumor for breakfast?


8. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.


9. Well, that is your name, isn't it? Calvin Klein? It's written all over your underwear.

10. Please baby, pleasebaby, please baby, baby baby please!

11. A- You can never go too far. B- If I'm gonna get busted, it is not gonna be by a guy like that.

12. I want to buy your women... the little girl... your daughters. Sell them to me. Sell me your children.


13. It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."

Answers:

1. Airplane

2. Caddyshack

3. 48 Hours

4. The Breakfast Club

5. Hairspray

6. Better Off Dead

7. Heathers

8. Fast Times At Ridgemont High

9. Back To the Future

10. She's Gotta Have It

11. Ferris Bueller's Day Off

12. The Blues Brothers

13. Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. Miss Profe lists her guilty pleasures of the small screen variety.

2. MommyBa shares some of her favorite quotes by Erma Bombeck.

3. Haley-O's TT salutes some of the most memorable Academy Award acceptance speeches.

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recognize quote #4. It's from the Breakfast Club, one of my all-time faves!

Anonymous said...

They are funny indeed! But how I wish I know the titles where these quotes came from. Some looked familiar but I just can't recall :(

Happy Thursday!

Malcolm said...

Hi mommyba,

Thanks for stopping by. I will provide the movies associated with the quotes in a post tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Well, I only recognize #9, it is from Back to the Future. I guess I didn´t watch a lot of movies back then (I was just a little kid!).

Anonymous said...

Funny but why am I not familiar with them?

Hm...

Lori said...

LMAO....love your list:) Especially #1....

Blog said...

That was AWESOME!!!! I recognize so many of them -- but can't seem to place even one of them....

Anonymous said...

Well I've seen most of those movies but didn't recognize the quotes. I'm not great with quotes, I guess. (Only in a "selecting them" capacity, not recognizing them, LOL.)

My TT is up - Book Edition (surprised?).

Lisa said...

I've seen about half, but sadly didn't recognize any of them.

Happy thursday anyway! My list is up too.

Anonymous said...

Great bunch of quotes. I especially remember the ones from 48 Hours, Hairspray, Back to the Future, and She's Gotta Have It.
Pjazzypar

Anonymous said...

The only ones I couldn't get were #3 and #5. I've never seen those movies.

Malcolm said...

Beckeye: Wow, 11 out of 13... pretty damn good! I just watched "Hairspray" yesterday and laughed my ass off once again. It had been awhile since I had seen it. If you are a fan of camp and music of the 1960s, it is definitely worth checking out.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->