Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #4: Old-School Video Games


This week's Thursday Thirteen is all about my favorite old-school video games.


I wonder if you pumped as many quarters into these games as I did.

1. Galaga
2. Space Invaders
3. Berzerk
4. Pole Position
5. Frogger
6. Pac-Man
7. Ms. Pac-Man
8. Centipede
9. Stargate
10. Gorf
11. Galaxian
12. Asteroids
13. Donkey Kong

Links to other Thursday Thirteens! (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
1.
Damozel's TT lists quotes by our founding fathers.

2. Wacky Mommy provides some tips for her local paper.

3. HomeMom3 tells you 13 things about herself.

4. Sparky Duck lists 13 of his fears.

5. BookMama tells you the 13 things she hates about having kids (read it if you can, it's not as bad as it sounds).



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever things are a little nutty around my house, I'm all, "Intruder alert! Intruder alert!"

We ("we" being my husband, computer geek) downloaded MAME and a *ton* of old games, but it stopped working, we upgraded the computer and MAME couldn't deal, etc. I was not happy about that.

Fun list.

Anonymous said...

You brought back old memories of Atari! My favorites were Pacman and Frogger. I use to hate hearing the splat when a car crushed my frog (which use to happen quite frequently). The games you mentioned seem prehistoric when compared to present video games.

Anonymous said...

Man, I remember Donkey Kong. My first husband spent a fortune on it. I never had the hand-eye coordination, but I remember the fascination of those early video games...

Lori said...

In case you didn't know you can get "Plug & Play" versions of most of those games you listed. They're relatively inexpensive ($10-$15) and they plug right into your television. A couple of years ago, I picked up several for my 10 year old. Oh, and Galaga was/is my game (smile).

Homemom3 said...

pacman & frogger were my favs. Happy TTing!

Sparky Duck said...

Pole Position was something else. Heck Pong was the bomb once

Malcolm said...

Hi Lori:

I had heard about the "Plug and Play" games, but had forgotten about them. Thanks for reminding me!

Back in the day, me and my friends figured out a way to rig Galaga where it wouldn't shoot at you anymore. We did this by destroying all but two enemies in the first level and then dodging their shots for about fifteen minutes. You should have seen the looks on some guys faces who started watching me after the first level. I told one guy that I kicked the games ass so bad that it gave up and quit firing at me!

Anonymous said...

I didn't play a lot of arcade games until college, when we used to go to Pinball Pete's until all hours of the night (morning). Loved the list though - we had some of these games on our Atari!

My TT is up too.

BeckEye said...

Back in the day, I was UNBEATABLE at Centipede. I bet I could still kick some ass!

One of my best friends at the time was a Pac-Man ace, which I sucked at. But she sucked at Centipede, so we complemented each other.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->