Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mindy McCready: Then and Now


It's amazing what can happen in just over 10 years. There was a time when Mindy McCready was one of the rising stars in country music. In 1996 she had 2 top 10 country hits, one of which went all the way to #1 (Guys Do It All the Time). The picture to the left was taken during the time that she dated former Superman, Dean Cain.


Since then, McCready's life has played out like a stereotypical country song (domestic abuse, substance abuse problems, jail time, etc.). On the morning of Saturday July 21st, she was charged by Florida police with battery against her mother and resisting arrest. According to the Lee County (Florida) Sheriff's Department, deputies were called because of a domestic dispute. When they arrived at the house, McCready's mother claimed her daughter attacked her after drinking. The deputies stated that they saw scratches on the mother's face and say McCready's breath reeked of alcohol. McCready reportedly denied everything and called her mother "crazy." According to reports, McCready had to be restrained because she was resisting arrest. That's when she hit her head on the ground, which caused the gash on her face in her mugshot (the above right photo).

As much as the public gets off on seeing celebrities fall on their asses, they also love a great comeback story (tearful confessions on the talk show circuit, a lucrative book deal, Lifetime movie, etc.). However, some celebrities never seem to get it and continue down the road of self-destruction (making stops at "denial" and "public humiliation" just to name two). So, Mindy McCready, what's it gonna be... "Larry King Live" or "Cops"?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot for the life of me figure out what possesses the likes of celebrities like, McCready, Spears, Lohan, Ritchie, etc. They make it bad for the ones that actually have it together and living their lives in a sensible and thoughtful manner. I never hear negative press about Hilary Duff or Mandy Moore (I know you are probably surprised that I even know who these people are!).

Whatever the group of senseless wonders are thinking when they go out on their drinking and drug binges they need to consider evaluating their lifestyles and get their acts together and get over themselves because most of the public is so over them already.

Malcolm said...

Hi Pjazzy,

You are spot on in regards to your thoughts on the senseless wonders of the world.

I know you are into pop culture, so I am not surprised at all that you know who Hilary Duff and Mandy Moore are.

Oh and by the way, I read earlier that Lindsay Lohan was arrested this morning on suspicion of drunken driving and cocaine possession.

Taj said...

The rise and fall and fall and fall of Mindy McCready. It says much that the only reason I know who she is at all is because of her drug use and arrest history.

I read about Lindsay earlier. Saw her mugshot over at people. I didn't think for one minute that her "rehab' was going to stick but I was surprised it happened so soon.

I hear OK Magazine had a disastrous interview with Britney that will be published soon. According to them it showcases her unstableness. I'm still thinking it will be a fluff piece but we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Well I am not surprised by the latest escapades of Lindsay Lohan, oh excuse me, Lindsay Lo (hand me a drink). What an idiot!

Malcolm said...

Lindsay Lo (hand me a drink)... that's hilarious! Did you make that up? At any rate, I am going to file that away for future reference because that's a good one.

Anonymous said...

I can't take credit for that one, but I wish I could. It was just too funny not to pass along. A comedian on the "Tom Joyner Morning Show" was crackin on Lindsay big time and made that and other disparinging remarks about star.

I know I make fun of her and others like her, but it is really sad that someone who seemingly has it all is so willing to throw everything away. I guess what they say it true, money can't buy happiness. I just wonder where her parents' are and why they have not staged some type of serious intervention.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->