Sunday, October 21, 2007

Crazy Eights

Earlier this month, Mama Pajama tagged me to participate in Crazy 8s. Where applicable, my answers will have a pop culture bent.

8 things I am passionate about:
My family
My friends
Blogging
Pop Culture
Michigan-based sports teams
My radio show
Silk Chocolate Soy Milk
Entertainment Weekly magazine

8 things I want to do before I die:

Visit the Museum of Television and Radio in New York
Attend a Steely Dan concert
Go to Las Vegas
Say the words "The Detroit Lions are Super Bowl champs" and have it be true
Make it to the "Hot Seat" on WWTBAM
Sell my TV Guide collection
Learn to play guitar
Take martial arts lessons

8 things I say often:
Damn!
How ya doin?
You are listening to Spin City on WKUF-LP 94.3 Flint
Aw come on man/lady! (to drivers who are causing problems)
Yes!
Did you see the game last night?
Speak to me (when answering the phone)
Thank you

8 books I've recently read:
Casanegra by Blair Underwood
Always Magic In the Air by Ken Emerson
The Temptations by Otis Williams
Dallas: The Complete Story of the World's Favorite Prime Time Soap by Barbara A. Curran
What Were They Thinking?: The 100 Dumbest Events In TV History by David Hofstede
Bubblegum Music Is the Naked Truth edited by Kim Cooper and David Smay
Pryor Convictions by Richard Pryor
It's the Little Things by Lena Williams

8 songs I could listen to over and over:
Beat It by Michael Jackson
Do You Believe In Magic by The Lovin' Spoonful
Harry Hippie by Bobby Womack
Jesse by Carly Simon
Johnny B. Goode by Chuck Berry
Limelight by Rush
Rock Around the Clock by Bill Haley & his Comets
Slow Dog by Belly

8 things that attract me to my best friends:
Loyalty
Honesty
Trustworthiness
Sense of humor
Commonality of interests
Intelligence
That pretty much covers it

8 things I've learned this past year:

That Shirley Goodman died in 2005
Never date a woman with unresolved "mommy/daddy" issues
James Earl Jones was the 1st celeb to appear on Sesame Street
Blogging is a great creative outlet
Stevie Nicks is only 5' 1 ½" tall
Barry Bonds acted in a TV movie with "Dallas" star Linda Gray
Judee Sill is one of the great tragedies of the music biz
Actress/director Sarah Polley has a cousin who works for a car dealership where I live

8 people I think should do Crazy 8s:
Since I don't tag, it's open to whomever wants to participate. If you are taking part, just leave me a note in the comments section so that I can check your responses.

5 comments:

Damien Riley said...

Hooray on the "learn to play guitar" goal! It's very do-able dude! Peter Buck learned when he was 22!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I want to go to Vegas too. But I need lotsa money to do that...and I don't have nearly enough right now :(

Holly Smith said...

Thanks for playing along! I loved your song list...especially Johnny B. Goode. Can't believe Stevie Nicks is so short! And, if anyone is going to make it to the hot seat with Meredith V., it's you! Great answers!

pjazzypar said...

Maybe one day me, you, and cook could meet up in Vegas.

Malcolm said...

Damien: Who knows, maybe I'll learn to play mandolin like Peter too.

Mistress of the D: It sucks that traveling has to cost so much.

Holly: It took me awhile, but I finally got it done. It helped that I was in the midst of a dry spell post-wise.

Pjazzy: That would be fun for the 3 of us to do that someday.

 
Remarketing tags may not be associated with personally identifiable information or placed on pages related to sensitive categories. See more information and instructions on how to setup the tag on: http://google.com/ads/remarketingsetup --------------------------------------------------->